IGNORED

Bluetooth/Intercoms reviews

PaulyMan

I've searched to no avail, so here's the question; which bluetooth and bike to bike intercom system is the most robust and easy to use out there

Which one do you want?

Blue Tooth or Robust?

The general opinion (consensus?) here has been that BT is not reliable enough for all-day riding, listening, talking.

Intercom or Bike-to-Bike?

I have read some users accounts who have been happy with a BT-only bike to bike system. Most strongly prefer the FRS/GMRS setup for B2B. BT seems to be more effective for Rider to Passenger comms (seems obvious, since it's designed for extremely short-range).

Until Starcomm bought Autocom, the "typical" (most recommended) setup around here is Autocom (wired) in conjunction with FRS/GMRS. Starcom comes up with a positive, and a few times Baehr (but apparently it's quite pricey).

thanks for the suggestions. I really prefer non wired, so that's the biggest for BT

I started out not wanting the wires, but the bluetooth setup only worked for a short range and if I rode with someone else other than my wife there was not Bike to Bike. I went to the Autocom/FRS setup. I am wired but I have longer range and battery life. Lots of riders I know have the FRS setup so there is more versatility in bike to bike.

My $.02

I have two Sena SMH10's and went for a 1,000 mile trip with a friend who also had one. In short, they worked great and we loved them. Very easy to pair, sound quality is the best I have heard by a long shot, volume control extremely broad (I wear foam ear pugs and could hear everything well with face shield up and more volume available). The range is a tested 3/4 mile for me but probably longer. B to B, rider to passenger, music through my iPhone, GPS and telephone calls all easy to receive and make. Only time two fingers are needed is at turn on and turn off - 1 button for everything else and one very easy to use and smooth dial for volume. Microphone very flexible with great pick up although a bit shorter than I would prefer. Had a bit of a problem with mine shutting down while at speed in 30º weather. SEMA replacing it at no cost, no questions asked. Still pretty new on the market but I am sold. See reviews on webbikeworld.

Liked my autocomm and kenwood set up too but there is no comparing the convenience and versatility between a wired system and a bluetooth, imho.

Archived