IGNORED

Arizona Al's in ear speakers

GreatDaysAhead

GreatDaysAhead

Let me just say I was skeptical when I first contacted Al about his in ear speakers. After reading all the kudos on this and other blogs I gave him a call. At the time I was running an Autocom system with their supplied helmet speakers and while I had done a great job of installing them in my helmet I just wss'nt satisfied with the sound quality. I like to listen to music and audiobooks on long rides and also use for intercom and bike to bike. Al told me that his new design was different than I thought I understood to be the norm in custom molded in ear speakers. Instead of the actual speakers residing in the ear molds with the wires attached, he places the speaker drivers in the Y section below you chin and runs acoustical tubing up to thr ear molds. IT IS AWESOME !!!! Great sound. Blocks out unwanted sounds but you can still hear horns (except my WIMPY RT horn) and sirens. My girlfriend had Al do her molds on a trip to Ariz. and she loves then also. And no I am not related nor associated with Al, just wanted to share. THANK'S AL!! :clap:

Al told me that his new design was different than I thought I understood to be the norm in custom molded in ear speakers. Instead of the actual speakers residing in the ear molds with the wires attached, he places the speaker drivers in the Y section below you chin and runs acoustical tubing up to thr ear molds. IT IS AWESOME !!!! Great sound. Blocks out unwanted sounds but you can still hear horns (except my WIMPY RT horn) and sirens. My girlfriend had Al do her molds on a trip to Ariz. and she loves then also. And no I am not related nor associated with Al, just wanted to share. THANK'S AL!! :clap:

Sounds exactly the same as a product we have in Oz. I have been using them for about 8 years now, and they are one of the best audio products I have ever bought, and I am an audiophile nut. Here is a photo:

Stereo_Headsets_4ab61cc3bbf0f.jpg

So, is there a way to do this thru the mail? A little tough for me to drive to Arizona.

I bought my first pair from him "long distance" from here in Canada. I went to an audiologist here at home and had them make ear impressions (probably another name for them). Following Al's instructions, I sent those impressions to a lab in Colorado which made the plugs, drilled the holes then they shipped them to Al. He added the sound tubes etc., then mailed the complete kit back to me. I've since had him make me (on-site in Torrey) a back up set of just the plugs, and a set of plain ear plugs (for when I'm not using my Autocom).

Al set me up with the old style earplug speakers during the first Un in Gunnison. I'm attending this year's Un, does anyone know if he'll be there??

A great product from an excellent gent. For a small fee (gas to get there) you also get to take a dip in his pool..

153526792_DW2ji-M.jpg

Yeah, but only if you bring a six pack of beer or Pepsi for the final payment!!!!!!!

Al set me up with the old style earplug speakers during the first Un in Gunnison. I'm attending this year's Un, does anyone know if he'll be there??

You can check here: http://www.sleepingrainbow.com/unrally9/signedup.php

I scan the list of attendees quickly and didn't notice his name, but you might want to look more closely than I did.

I checked and....no Al. Rats.

On a different note I did check to see how many Colorado members were attending and all I can say is WHAT A JOKE!! Come on, people, get off your collective butts and attend this Un! You'll have a great time!!

Al has not signed up yet but has verbally told me he will be there....

Archived