IGNORED

Stretching/Wearing in Boots

roundy

My other half has a pair of Alpinstars SMX4 boots that can be a little tight after a small trip. Any proven methods for stretching them a little/wearing them in quick time?

I've read something about putting a plastic bag in them and fill them up with water and freeze. The water expands as it freezes and stretch the boots a little...?

Take them to a good shoe repair. They will have a tool that when twisted opens and stretches the boot. I would stay away from water.

Take them to a good shoe repair. They will have a tool that when twisted opens and stretches the boot. I would stay away from water.

+1

I had a pair of boots that felt too tight and I took them to a good old fashioned shoe repair shop and they fixed them for around $10.

If they are truly leather, soak them in water for a couple hours and have her walk a mile or so in them. Will be a customer fit from then on. This will not hurt quality leather footwear, and I guarantee it works perfectly.

If they are truly leather, soak them in water for a couple hours and have her walk a mile or so in them. Will be a customer fit from then on. This will not hurt quality leather footwear, and I guarantee it works perfectly.

And Brad should know...He's the Al Bundy of the board! :wave:

Go to a shoe repair shop and ask for something like this:

21131MJMR1L._AA300_.jpg

Spray the tight parts of the boot until soaked, then wear it until it dries out. Custom fit. Works for gloves, too.

And Brad should know...He's the Al Bundy of the board! :wave:

Is he a shoe salesman with a wife named Peggy? :grin:

Will one still have a wife after this exercise? :cry:

I agree with taking them to a shoe repair shop. Had mine stretched and they work fine now. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice chaps, dropped them into a shoesmiths this morning and they're going to put them on a stretcher. Pick them up Thursday so I'll let you know how she gets on - she'll have a few hundred miles to figure out if they're better as we're off on Friday morning...

If they're "a little tight after a small trip"

they don't fit.

Try the stretch, get a show tree of your own to keep them that way.

Or, buy a pair that fits.

You can modify to some degree but the size is determined by the "last". In other words if you are EE and your boot is a D width it will not fit right.

Archived