IGNORED

Indoor Cover Recommendation

moshe_levy

All-

Anyone have a line on a good quality indoor type bike cover - medium sized for say a R1150R size machine is fine. Appreciate your input.

-MKL

OK, how about one I can buy? I don't want to use a bed sheet and I have no other stuff like sails or parachutes lying around....

-MKL

I just bought a Dowco model on Ebay - cheap, and recommended. I'll let you all know how it is when I get it.

-MKL

I bought a Harley indoor cover for my first HD. I kept the cover when I bought my 1150RT. The cover fit the RT pretty good. The HD cover was soft and did a great job of keeping dust off the bike while being very breathable.

However, you would have to be able to live with having a cover with the Harley logo on the front when covering your BMW.

Overkill, perhaps, but it should prevent rodent access.

Motorcycle Pocket

I use a Nelson-Riggs w/elastic hem and soft liner for over the screen.

Nelson Riggs

They have some with heat resistant lowers so you can cover the bike when you stop riding.

YMMV, but I've tried a number of different motorcycle covers and bedsheets, and uncovered always worked best for me when storing indoors.

Is the area really dusty? I've always found it better to keep bikes uncovered when stored indoors. I use rodent poison in the area around the bike to keep the varmints from having the time to do long term damage. No cover is going to keep mice out anyway.

Covers, especially in summer seem to keep too much moisture under wraps.

moshe_levy

Vin-

My indoor cover (Dowco) is super breathable - no moisture will be trapped. The dust in my garage is unrelenting, so leaving a bike that's ridden maybe once a month (my wife's) uncovered leads to an annoying chore of cleaning it off before every rare ride. I'm pretty happy with the Dowco piece - found it on Ebay for $29, and it fits well.

-MKL

Archived