IGNORED

Airhawk seats

Moto-Moto

Good morning. I ordered an AirHawk seat this weekend and realized that they have a new version out that is more cost effective.

The original seat (list at ROHO, manufacturer) is $189 and comes with a 2 yr warranty. The newer version - AirHawk 2 is $99 and comes with a 1 yr warranty. The difference is in the material used to make them.

I will post once i have put some mileage on the Airhawk 2 and see how it compares to other's view.

http://www.therohostore.com/Products/AIRHAWK-2-Seat-Cushion---Medium-Cruiser__AH2MED.aspx

Matt

PS- I am in no way affiliated with this product, just have read lots of reviews on this board and thought I would share some useful info.

Interesting. I see a one year difference on the cushion warranty.

I certainly love my original Airhawk for the longer rides. Had it for about five years now. My ST1300 buddy has one of the Freedom Air cushions. I like their design but I can't tell if there is any real advantage.

I have the cheaper vinyl version and after five years of use it appears to have lasted as well as my friend's neoprene model. I'm told that it can be easily fixed with an airbed repair kit should it get punctured

Archived