IGNORED

Zumo 550 Blue Tooth connection to Motorola qm9

poacher

I can't get my Autocom Active Plus microphone to transmit. I can make the call and I can hear the called party but they can't hear me. I can hear myself through the headset but that's it.

RocketMoto

Hi Poacher:

Call us - we install oodles of Autocom systems and would be happy to help you sort things out.

We're usually in the shop 'til pretty late, eastern time. Toll-free number on our website.

Welcome on board poacher. Lots of help here for any sort of subject.

I was the original Zumoforums.com moderator and If you have not found it yet- give it a try. No fee, the best Zumo site- ever.

Now... are you sure your phone and zumo are paired? Most Motorola units pair very easily. If you think you have paired... do you have the Bluetooth symbol on the top line of the zumo itself? Are you certain you have power to the Zumo? One way to tell is... do you see the battery strength meter? If you do- then it is not powered up by the bike.

Is your Zumo in the powered mount? Do you have the same behavior with the zumo in the automobile mount? (Did you know the zumo has a microphone and you can talk/send/receive etc in the auto mount- hands free)? This is a good test for the B/T connection. Pair-up the system... with it installed in the car. Make a call. Can the receiving party hear you? Do you get the phone book/call history etc?

If the unit does not seem to pair... one thing to try is to take the Zumo with you to the retailer who sells the phone... see if someone there can achieve pairing (note that the unit will not actually talk unless it is in a powered mount)- either bike or car.

Let us hear how it goes.

Archived