IGNORED

LED Lighting......Krista: New Bright LED From Clearwater Lights

Motors

Yo Light Freaks,

The new Krista Clearwater LED light is out. Has anyone bought a pair or seen a pair in action?

Info from their website shows them to be very bright and dimmable!

LED's are getting better all the time.

Motors

We have begun using LED lighting in our underground mining operations here with excellent results - operators prefer them to HID for the lighting, the maintenance dept. prefers them for their much longer lifespan and the bean counters prefer them for the cost savings.

We use them on drilling rigs in one of the harshest environments imaginable; with temps down to -30 and continuously being sprayed by toxic saltwater brine from the drilling.

I had just been waiting for somebody to develop the right size and performance for outdoor sports.

RocketMoto
Yo Light Freaks,

The new Krista Clearwater LED light is out. Has anyone bought a pair or seen a pair in action?

Info from their website shows them to be very bright and dimmable!

LED's are getting better all the time.

Motors

The Krista's have just become available - and there's a backlog of pre-paid orders, so it'll be short time before Clearwater is caught up, I believe.

We have had terrific success installing the Glenda's for our customers - really a fabulous product, with nothing comparable in terms of light output per watt and build quality. Besides, they're a really stand-up company to work with.

We met up with Glenn from Clearwater at the Motorcycle Dealer's Expo in Indianapolis this past Feburary, where we previewed the Krista's. I have to tell you, these lights are like looking into the sun! Wicked amazing! We're drooling to get these installed on a demo bike to show them off. :Cool:

I just received an answer from their website for a few questions I had, and they also informed me that they have a promotion going on. For every Krista light set ordered in May, they will include for free, a $100 value flashlight.

Here's a review for the flashlight.

Well,I just pulled the trigger on a new set of 'Krista' lights including the free $100 flashlight.

Having experienced quality LED lighting in our underground working environment, I'm pretty confidant that these will be to my liking.

Will report on them when they arrive and get installed.

Although, I'm not a big fan of riding at night, when I do, I really like to see where I'm going. Plus I will try to make the installation swappable to my snowmobile, which I happen to ride more frequently at night.

RocketMoto
Well,I just pulled the trigger on a new set of 'Krista' lights including the free $100 flashlight.

You won't be disappointed!

cali_beemer

Do you have a link to their website? The wee strom is limited on extra power so the LED lights and less power draw seem like a good idea.

I had a set of Kristas and Glendas installed last week on my R12GS. Very powerful lighting with little draw on the electrical system. I did a harsh off road event over the weekend and they held up great. Riding back to the campsite after the evening festivities, I clicked them on high for the first time and it seemed like I was riding into a professional sports arena! These babies pump out the lumens! When dealing with traffic, however, they can be dimmed so as not to dazzle other drivers. As luck would have it, I burned out the low beam during the weekend and didn't have a spare H7 with me. I had to follow my GF in her car after she got off work, and I had both the Kristas and Glendas on, but turned down. At a stop light, I asked if the lights were too bright. She said "No, but it looks like a small car is behind me!"

Yeah, they cost $$, but I have no buyers remorse whatsoever.

Dwight

I had a set of Kristas and Glendas installed last week on my R12GS.

Any chance of posting some photos of the setup of the lights on your GS

Phillip M

I'd tell 'em to keep their $100 flashlight and knock $100 off the price!! Already have too many flashlights....

Already tried that, but the file is too big. I have the settings on the camera set to take the smallest pics, yet they are still too big. Glenn at Clearwater took several shots and said they'd be on the website.

Indy Dave
Already tried that, but the file is too big. I have the settings on the camera set to take the smallest pics, yet they are still too big. Glenn at Clearwater took several shots and said they'd be on the website.

download this free program and you can use it to reduce the size of your pics.

Just go to''file . . save for web . . and it will do the rest.

linky

Too bad I am about to head off to Germany and blow a wad of cash or I would buy a set. Maybe if the euro continues its slid, $1.28 today, I will be able to justify a set.

• 2 weeks later...
moshe_levy

I have a set of Glendas on the way for testing for MCN. Should be here within a few weeks...

-MKL

I have a set of Glendas on the way for testing for MCN. Should be here within a few weeks...

-MKL

My set of Glendas arrived at the post office earlier today. I just picked them up. Nice looking piece of kit. Now I have to have my trusty independent tech install them on my RT (no, I have no wrenching skills to speak of). They're going to be used strictly for conspicuity reasons as I rarely ride after dark.

• 1 month later...
I'd tell 'em to keep their $100 flashlight and knock $100 off the price!! Already have too many flashlights....

Well, I recieved & installed my Krista's and tried out the bonus $100 flashlight; these things have a WOW factor. Just brilliant. If you try this flashlight you will be tempted to throw away all your others.

I agree with the poster above, they are pricey but high quality, no buyers remorse either.

Just got mine in for testing. Can't wait to hook 'em up!

-MKL

Man, you've got a great side gig. What's your day job...ice cream taster? :rofl:

Archived