IGNORED

Can my Zumo 550 play music through my radio speakers?

bcoles

I would like to be able to hear the music I have downloaded to my Zumo through my radio speakers. Is there a cable that will connect to my Zumo cradle and plug somewhere into my radio? That way I could have control of my music without a cable to my helmet. Bryan.

2007 R1200RT, no comm. I have Earfuze that fit perfectly, sound great, except I can not seem to remove my helmet with them in my ears. Hurts WAY too much. Therefore I'm looking for someway to hear my music through my radio speakers using my Zumo. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Bryan.

My solution would be to get new earbuds; the in the ear molded ones are great. I've got a radio and can't hear the bike's speakers when I ride so I'd never suggest using those.

You can also get some helmet speakers from Radio Shack and wire them to an MP3 player plug. Actually, I've done the opposite. I clipped the helmet speakers from my Cardio headset and wired in an MP3 female plug for my molded earbuds. That way I have music and phone. The sound is Bluetooth mono and not as good as when attaching straight to an MP3 player. If I attach my earbuds to the Zumo550 cradle, it is in stereo and sounds great, but the phone won't work.

Hope this helps.

---

"get new earbuds; the in the ear molded ones are great"

I agree for around the yard I enjoy my molded in the ear EarFuzes. It's just that when I go to take off my helmet with the EarFuzes on I can not remove my helmet without GREAT difficulty and PAIN. I have an Ipod classic but it freezes on me so I was hoping to use my Zumo for tunes. Hence I'm looking for a way to connect it to my radio.

I apologize. Just looked up the Fuze website. I had a pair of earbuds molded for me at the MOA ralley in Johnson City and have never had a problem with getting my helmet on and off. But all ears are different and some helmets are tighter than others.

---

Allen Rowand

I found that wearing a helmet liner made it much easier to get my helmet on and off while wearing the EarFuzes.

I just tried wearing a helmet liner to see if it would work. Unfortunately no luck. Putting on fine. Taking off PAINFUL! Now my Shoei RF1000 is new- maybe 10 hours on it so it will loosen up but in the meantime I'm stuck with CDs or the radio. I was hoping to find a way to use my Zumo 550 through my radio somehow.

No a CD player. Wish it played MP3s because that would have solved my problem. Carrying CDs while touring is doable but not what I'm looking for. Yes, I could take out the CD player and add a ipod player/charger. It's just the cost of buying a new ipod and adding the new ipod player ( $300). I originally thought the EarFuze connected to my Zumo would work but it doesn't. I thought perhaps there might be an aux. plug on the back of the radio that I might be able to connect my Zumo to.

Okay, one last suggestion then I give up. Do you have an earbud outlet on your Zumo Cradle? Mine is on the left side under a rubber cover.

Also, on Amazon, there is an FM transmitter that your MP3 player will plug into. It requires a cigarette lighter socket, but you can get a converter for the BMW to cigarette lighter styles. Transmitter is approx. $38. So we have MP3 outlet on Zumo cradle to FM transmitter plugged into accessory outlet on bike with adapter plug and transmitting FM signal to radio.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_10?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=cd+adapter+for+mp3&sprefix=cd+adapter

---

Yes, my Zumo has the earbud outlet. That is what I used for my EarFuze. I have an itrip FM transmitter for my old classic car. Well it works fine it does at times need a lot of channel searching and therefore attention. So on my RT I would rather not use it. Besides I have a direct plug in for my Ipod to my radio in the CD compartment but my Ipod freezes up on me all the time-so that is out. My conclusion is: unless I'm willing to buy a Dice Silverline or NeoProlink system and a new Ipod I may be out of luck. Thanks for your many suggestions and time spent trying to help me.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I checked out the link. Not sure if my radio has a male plug opening in the back. If one male end plugged into the Zumo and the other male end could plug into the radio then I suppose that would work. Does anyone know if this is the case?

does your radio have the aux button on the panel? If so, there is a BMW harness that folks have used to plug into their iPods - perhaps it'd work for you as well?

does your radio have the aux button on the panel-YES.

What would the BMW harness do? I can play my ipod thru the aux cable but my ipod freezes up on me because it is the Classic model. Was looking for a way to play music thru my radio speakers using my Zumo. So far no luck.

Take your aux in where you plug in your Ipod..run a male/male from the zumo out where your earbud cable plugs in to the aux in on your radio and when you have your radio on "aux" to hear the ipod you should hear the zumo....

the cable bullett posted is the one you will need.

your radio will not care where the audio comes from and the zumo does not care where the sound goes..match the out and in and the zumo should play thourgh the radio speakers if your ipod did.

the cable bullett posted is the one you will need

Now this sounds promising. I think I might even have a male to male connection hiding somewhere. Thanks for the idea you may have solved my problem!

Archived