IGNORED

Insurance

mikenh

It varies widely by state and your own personal circumstances, so it's really hard to compare. Your best bet is to just get some quotes.

It varies widely by state and your own personal circumstances, so it's really hard to compare. Your best bet is to just get some quotes.

As an example, I got quotes from State Farm, Progressive, Markel, and Geico last Friday. Same exact information and coverage on every quote. Low was $283, high was $742.

John Ranalletta

Contact an independent agent who reps for more than one co. My AmFam quote recently for a 3rd bike was $900+ just for liability. I've been with AmFam for 17 years. An independent agent placed it for $235 with Progressive with Dairyland just a tad higher.

bmw_rider

I don't personally use them, but have you checked Markel MOA has an arrangement with them.

As another poster indicated, individual circumstances(driving record, type of bike, training, experience) your own leg work to get comparitive quotes is the answer.

collision may not be worth it on an older bike as well. i do realize that it's not the major cost of a policy.

every year or so i review all my policies (with state farm) for property, vehicles, umbrella, etc with an atty client who's a successful PI lawyer. Stacking, making sure no holes, etc. i worry more about liability.

Mike,

I'm right next door to you in Canaan, NH... paying just over $300 with Progressive. Course I have a couple of Performance Awards :grin:

Interested to know what you're paying...

RocketMoto
Whats a good price for insurance in a R1100rt? I think I'm paying to much with progressive

All depends, like others have noted.

I've had Progressive in the past and recently Foremost for a number of years. Foremost was absolutely porking me on rates, so our agent switched me Safeco and my rates are less than half, with better coverage.

My insurance guy is in Merrimack, and I can give you his info if you PM me. He's a BMW rider; I've always had good service from his agency.

Archived