IGNORED

I can"t HEAR anymore !!!!!

GreatDaysAhead

GreatDaysAhead

I just finished installing a Stebel Nautilus and made the mistake of trying it in my garage. WOW !!! I added a little device that I read about in the February BMWMOA magazine that is way cool. It allows you to be able to hit your stock horn with a short beep "like to say hi" but if you leave your thumb on the button for more than a 1/4 second the big horn blasts also. Just a few electronic widgets soldered on a board (okay it did take me ahwile) but was fairly easy and worked first time. :dopeslap:

moshe_levy

GDA-

Do you find the device from BMW-ON you installed works any differently than just a quick stab of the horn button? Just curious.... By the way, I had TWO Stebels on my old R1150RT - see http://www.mklsportster.com/r1150rthorn.htm (that was eventually turned into an article for MCN, but the one on my website has the video with sound).

-MKL

GreatDaysAhead

I was sble to fabricate a short piece of metal and place it in the stock position between the forks. It doesn't allow the horn scoops to face forward but as you know it doesn't matter which way the horn faces IT"S LOUD!!!!.

GreatDaysAhead

The only thing I can say is there is about a 1/4 second delay from the stock horn beep and when the Stebel blast chimes in. I do not know what a short beep on the Stebel alone would sound like. I like the ability to BEEP, BEEP when I want to and if I need to blast some SOB I just hold the button longer.

moshe_levy

I seem to be able to achieve the same thing by just tapping the horn button rather than holding it down. The horn takes a few tenths of a second to produce a blast, so just tapping the button gives a polite beep beep type sound.

-MKL

GreatDaysAhead

Although I still like my setup I wish I would have known about the slow blow time for the Stebel. Would have saved me a few hours of my time!! :dopeslap: Thanks Moshe

Archived