IGNORED

Must-have tool - Intercomp Fill, bleed & read air pressure gauge

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Several months ago, DB posted a picture showing this instrument. On his recommendation, I bought one thinking $134 is a lot of moola for an air pressure gauge. On blind faith, I bought it and it's become the one tool I wouldn't be without.

It's valuable because it makes an important but tedious job easy and can I say fun? With two cars and 3 bikes, I can tend to 14 tires in just a few minutes without doing the gauge, fill, gauge dance using the old stick or newer digital gauges. And, it glows in the dark!!!

5023.jpg.a9ab83fe88ea57b6e3a4eba8aaf21701.jpg

I definitely love mine. I like that the fill and bleed knobs are well-placed and easy to manage with the same single hand.

Longacre digital tire gauge 0-60psi in .5 increments, has bleed button.

$34 free shipping on Amazon, works great!

41Z8IKlujyL._SS500_.jpg

John Ranalletta

I'd buy one but I don't have any money left. :grin:

That appears to be a single-function gauge whereas the Intercomp is a gauge/fill instrument. That's what I can see in the picture.

The EZ Air looks to be dual purpose.

Does this not accomplish the same thing but in a different way? (and for a whole lot less money) I'm all for cool, time-saving, useful gadgetry, but at a $100 premium I'm not convinced.

44.jpg

http://www.bestrestproducts.com/p-44-ez-air-gauge.aspx

I have one that is very similar to this. It is probably the same unit but named ACCU-GAGE. It is a real time saver when I need to air up the truck tires from 50 to near 80 psi to carry a maximum load.

Even more of a time saver when I air down. I remove the valve stem on the fill stem on the gauge to let air out at a rate that is at least ten times faster than the built-in bleed down button. A thumb over the stem periodically allows me to check pressure. Just unclip when you are where you need to be. :thumbsup:

Archived