IGNORED

New lift table project

Dave C.

Here is my latest project I just completed for a friend of mine.

I started with a 4000 lb. hydraulic lift table with the dimensions of 30 inches wide and 48 inches long. I added 18 inches to the front and back to give a platform length of 7 feet.

To create the extension I used 1 1/2 X 3 inch tubing and for the ramp I used 1 1/2 inch X 1/4 inch wall square tubing. I painted it Royal Blue. The top is 3/16 polished diamond plate. The wheel vise is a Handy lift unit. Total cost for all the materials and the lift itself was 250 dollars.

Not a bad deal.

Dave

Lifttable004.jpg

Lifttable003.jpg

Lifttable002.jpg

Lifttable001.jpg

Indy Dave

nice!! Did you make one for yourself as well? I like the dolly idea to scoot it outta the way when not needed.

Yes, The one next to it is mine. That was the prototype. It is on the dolly because the trailer was coming to load it up to deliver it to my friend.

The lowered height is 6 1/2 inches and full height is 32 inches. Lowered I park the Blazer over it. I plan to cut a hole in the concrete and make it flush.

Dave

The base looks a little smaller than what you see on the commercial units for bikes. Could it rock front to back any....?

Not yet. The base is 48 inched long and 28 wide. I have had all kinds of large heavy bikes on it and every one has been more stable then the POS from harbor freight.

Dave

The lift table came from my work. They used to lift instruments up to assemble them We moved that part of our operations to Indy so they wanted to get rid of them.. i figured I could make a motorcycle lift with them.. That one there is the third one that I did.

The two friends that I made these for are very happy with them.

Dave

And..........so what is the order # and can you ship it to Leduc, Alberta.

I will take 2 of them (I will even pay in Canadian dollars which depending on how long it takes might be a good thing for you???)

Very cool, nice work

Archived