IGNORED

Garmin GPSmap 60CS

Haynes

I acquired a used GPSmap 60CS. Garmin states that the unit will navigate with City Navigator North America.

Will the unit's 56Mb memory be enough for all of the USA maps?

(or)

Must I load only the regions where I intend to visit?

malcolmblalock

While I'm not especially familiar with the 60CS, I do know the full mapset for CNNA is over 2GB. I think you'll have load small pieces.

Sailorlite

I just downloaded all of CNNA NT 2011 to my 60 CSx - it required about 1.4 GB (and took forever).

I thought you could put a larger Micro-SD card in the 60CS. I put a 2 Gig card in mine and loaded the entire US. Yes, it takes a while.

Crackenback
I thought you could put a larger Micro-SD card in the 60CS. I put a 2 Gig card in mine and loaded the entire US. Yes, it takes a while.

I think the older 60CS has a fixed 56 MB limit as the memory is not removable. When Garmin updated it to the 60CSx they added the micro SD slot.

As far as loading the newer model, I just put the chip into a card reader and load the maps that way. I have 2 micro SD cards. One for topo maps and the other for the city navigator.

And supposedly the newer model also handles the newer NT maps. The newer maps used a different compression scheme than the older non-NT maps.

Archived