IGNORED

Zumo 665 + Apparent Conflict Between Bluetooth and XM Receiver

R Shortley

R Shortley

I am just setting up my Zumo 665 with XM receiver and have the GPS unit paired with my Sanyo phone and my Autocom Logic w/ Bluetooth. I then purchased an XM radio subscription and am having problems receiving the XM broadcast with the bluetooth devices connected to the 665. As soon as I disconnect the Autocom from the Audio bluetooth connection in the GPS, my XM radio signal comes back strong. The phone connection does not seem to influence the quality of the XM signal reaching the receiver, but I haven't tried to make a call with the phone while watching the XM signal and the Autocom-665 connection is probably always active since I'm hearing whatever is coming in on the XM receiver in my Autocom helmet headset.

The GPS is mounted on the center section of a BMR Products shelf on my BMW R1200RT, and the GPS receiver is mounted on the left side on the same platform about 3 inches away from the 665, measured from the two closest points on each device. (The 665 documentation specifies a separation of at least 10 centimeters, which is almost 4 inches.)

Has anyone else had this problem? Solution? Optimum distance between the two devices to get maximum XM signal?

And, for those with R 1200 RT's, where would you mount the XM antenna to have it at least 4 inches away from the GPS device? Under the front fairing? Perhaps on top of the headlight module?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I think the distance recommended is 10" not cm. I have been watching the posts on the forum that 'ltjohn' suggested you check out. I second that comment.

There have been a lot of posts by folks who are having problems with their XM and BT compatibility on the 665's.

Seems if you get the GXM 40 at least 10-12" away from the unit the XM works 'better'...

Jim

RocketMoto

Rush:

Would be interested in the resolution, should you get this sorted. We have yet to have anyone come to the shop with a 665.

Thanks!

I have my XM mounted within 2 inches of my Zumo 550 with no problems at all. I have the Zumo mounted in the center of the BMR shelf with the XM on one side and the V1 on the other. works great

I have my XM mounted within 2 inches of my Zumo 550 with no problems at all. I have the Zumo mounted in the center of the BMR shelf with the XM on one side and the V1 on the other. works great

Yes but you are using the GXM 30 with your 550...not the GXM 40 which comes with the 665. That is the unit folks are having issues with it seems.

Jim

Archived