IGNORED

Looking for a shop to rebuild my Works shocks

eddd

Works Performance is right at a month to rebuild shocks right now. I'd like to get mine done between Torrey and the Un, but their rebuild time is way too close for comfort.

So...I'm looking for other good shops that would be able to do the job in a more timely manner.

Thanks.

FlyingFinn

Lindemann Engineering here in San Jose is one of the very best suspension shops in the country.

I don't know what their lead time would be, but I'd sure give them a call.

Lindemann Engineering

--

Mikko

FlyingFinn
Do shocks feel much different if rebuilt without the nitrogen charge?

I guess I don't quite understand the question.

A nitrogen charged shock must be re-charged when it's rebuilt.

Could that step be omitted (to save money)? I guess it could that that would surely have negative impact on the damping characteristics.

--

Mikko

Ed, before you send your shocks to someone else, I would check with Works Performance as to who is an authorized rebuilder of their products. The reason i say this is that they use a lot of proprietary seals and other they have manufactured (or manufacture themselves) to their own specifications and tolerances. Sending your shocks to someone else who will put "whatever fits" down in there will not yield the same performance.

If you find a place that has Works's blessing, then you're good to go.

Ed, before you send your shocks to someone else, I would check with Works Performance as to who is an authorized rebuilder of their products. The reason i say this is that they use a lot of proprietary seals and other they have manufactured (or manufacture themselves) to their own specifications and tolerances. Sending your shocks to someone else who will put "whatever fits" down in there will not yield the same performance.

If you find a place that has Works's blessing, then you're good to go.

Thanks for the heads up Fernando. Works suggested I get them done locally using their rebuild kits since they are so backed up and I can't wait that long. That is is the plan.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be going with OnRoad OffRoad Cycles as soon as I return from Torrey.

Archived