IGNORED

K13S Wheel Removal. Without centre stand

CraigT

For the first time in many years, I own a machine without a centrestand. I purchased the demo from the local dealer and it didn't come with a centre stand and the retrofit option requires a new belly pan (£££).

I tried the paddock stands but find that the bike is very unstable when on them, to the extent that I couldn't leave the bike when propped up. I go through three to four sets of tyre every season and prefer to remove my own wheels for tyre replacement. (£££)

Has anyone got or know of a good and stable front & rear paddock stands for the K13S that will permit me to take both wheels off and not be overly concerned about the bike being upright when I return to it?

What do the rest of you guys without centre stands do? thanks

I go through three to four sets of tyre every season and prefer to remove my own wheels for tyre replacement. (£££)

What do the rest of you guys without centre stands do? thanks

Dang, that's a lot of tires. Do you have your own tire changer? I just made the investment and find the most difficult part to be removing/reinstalling the wheels from the bike. Pays for itself with about 3-4 sets of tires.

I don't have a K, but if you have a decent even/wide spot under the engine, you might just consider a scissor jack. I just picked up one of THESE and it works great for my bike.

Until now I never even considered a tyre changer. But given I'm paying £230 a pair fitted to loose wheels there may be a good reason to make a 'group' purchase with my little local group of riders. I can buy tyres for c£185 a pair of BT023's.

I'll raise this matter with the lads next time we tie up.

As for the bike lifter. The K13S faring runs from about 4" behind the front wheel to about the same from the rear. But.. removing the lower faring may be easy (unsure about exhaust location)

Thanks

Archived