IGNORED

Zumo 660 in a 2nd Car?

RoyTemple

I just ordered a Zumo 660 from GPSCity Link and I could not find an accessory vehicle power cord listed either on their site or even on Garmin's own site Link. I plan to use it on my bike and in 2 cars so I want another vehicle power cord for the 2nd car. Will the vehicle power cord for the Zumo 665 or the Zumo 550 work?

BTW, I got my Garmin Quest2 from GPSCity several years ago and had no issues with them. I'll post again when it arrives. I ordered it this morning and it's already shipped (standard shipping).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Roy

AdirondackJack

Check it out, but the only difference between the 660 and the 665 is the sat radio and nav traffic. Otherwise, same unit. A 665 car power cord should work just fine. I got my 665 from GPS city recently, also, and would highly suggest that anyone doing this, shop around and mail links for lower prices to GPS City. They gave me an extra $85 off (price-match) cause Mega GPS in Utah had a lower advertised price. Dave R.

You need the 'Automotive Suction Cup Mount" that includes the power cord. Garmin part #010-11270-02.

There is no way to power the 660 when not in a mount. (Other than on its internal battery.)

Thanks Dave and Ken,

After I see what's in the box, I will probably order the "Automotive Suction Cup Mount" Garmin part #010-11270-02 as that sounds like all the solution I need. I did send Garmin an email asking about what I needed and why I couldn't find it on their website. No answer yet.

The unit should be arriving Friday or Saturday.

Roy

RichEdwards

The 660 comes with the auto suction mount. I don't see why you can't move the mount from car 1 to car 2 when you move the GPS unit. That's what I do. I did, however, buy an extra bike mount for my second bike. I made the bike mounts more permanent installations.

I don't see why you can't move the mount from car 1 to car 2 when you move the GPS unit.

Well everyone’s situation is different of course. But in my case I go back and forth between my wife’s truck and a company truck fairly often and I didn’t want cords to the acc’y socket all over everywhere all the time so I semi-permanently wired in an automotive cradle in each.

And in my case, I may want an on dash friction mount in my truck and the suction mount in my car.

I have Quest cradle/mounts in all my vehicles and the suction mount does not work well in the truck. Too much of a reach and/or would block line of sight. So, I'm anticipating I may need the friction mount for the truck and thus the cigarette lighter power cord for it. I want each vehicle set-up so I only have to move the Zumo itself as I now do with the Quest.

Thanks for the advice. Garmin finally responded that the 010-10747-03 power cord is the right part for the Zumo 660.

Roy

mbelectric

Slight off topic, but I see 550 prices coming down , assume due to 660. I may jump on a 550...

I would want xm30 antenna, is there anything else I would need to get such as mounting hrdwr, or is hrdwr included for the 550?

thanks in advance.

MB>

Thanks Ken,

The unit arrived last Friday. Had it installed on the bike that day using the brake reservoir ram mount I already had for my iPhone. Ran the power cord under the tank bag mount rails (temporarily) directly to the battery. Also used the included suction cup vehicle mount in my truck. Both worked out fine. Tried the suction cup mount in my car. It will work there as well.

So Ken, I don't see on Garmin's or and of the other sites I checked where the vehicle power cord comes with the suction cup mount. Where did you get yours? :S

Roy

So Ken, I don't see on Garmin's or and of the other sites I checked where the vehicle power cord comes with the suction cup mount.

Yes, that was my error, the cable is indeed a seperate item. Sorry for the confusion.

Archived