IGNORED

Summer gloves = cool + safe

Mark Mayo

Any comments to help me buy some summer gloves. I have had no problem with warmth, now I need cooler yet protected. How about the BMW summer glove?

Thanks in advance

email me at mlmayo2@verizon.net too

Mark

terryofperry

I've given up on it. I now wear these:

http://jtillman.com/products/gloves/tig/25A/

Deerskin, long cuff, comfortable, not hot, lightwieght.

Don't know how well they protect in a get off but better than fingerless or nothing.

Best of all $10 at a welding shop. Had mine for a couple of years.

Good luck

Terry

Why yes I did. My only complaint is that I don't particularly like a long gauntlet on a warm weather glove. They fit great, the armor was nice but not intrusive, and they felt like they would do a good job of allowing airflow. I do prefer a short cuff, but that being said.......and after having my new pair of Held Score model gloves for about a month now. I will eventually be buying a pair of the Airstream's as well.

I currently use a pair of the Aerostich Vegans for warm weather and they are OK, but after less than a year of service the fabric is begining to pill up and get a little goofy. I'm going to use them through this riding season and then maybe treat myself to the Airstreams next year.

Even though the Held's cost more than I'm usually willing to spend, my Score's are so damn comfortable that it will take a serious amount of effort for me to ever buy another brand of gloves. They have definitely turned into my glove brand of choice

moshe_levy

I have BMW's Airflow II. They're great, but in retrospect, I'm with Selden. I'd go with Helds or BMW Pro Summer - something with more of a gauntlet for wrist protection. There is no overlap between my jacket cuff and the Airflow II mini-gauntlet in some areas of my wrist. Not great. But the gloves themselves are fine, typical good BMW quality.

-MKL

RichEdwards

The BMW Airflow 2 summer gloves have been tested (by me) and found to be excellent in the tropical summer heat of Florida. :wave:

Archived