IGNORED

Stainless Torx Screw Source?

markgoodrich

markgoodrich

I want to replace the allen screws supplied with my BMR shelf with stainless torx. I need four of these:

4- M5 x 25mm button head screws.

Problem is the small number needed.

RocketMoto

Screws - CLICK McMaster has hex metric but not Torx, five bux for a pack of 25. Alternative is if you have a good hardware store locally, but you'll probably pay that for four screws at a store.

RocketMoto
Screws - CLICK McMaster has hex metric but not Torx, five bux for a pack of 25. Alternative is if you have a good hardware store locally, but you'll probably pay that for four screws at a store.

Murphs' Kits also sells stainless Torx screw kits in black or natural finish. You might see if they will sell you just a few pieces.

markgoodrich

Thanks, RocketMan, but I want the Torx; I want to replace the Allen socket screws like the ones you linked to.

markgoodrich
Murph's has stainless Torx screws.

From Murph:

"Sorry Sir, We don't offer anything in torx"

Try these guys, they've got an amazing assortment of everything that holds cars and bikes together, www.hillcofasteners.com

markgoodrich

Still no joy. Must be why BMW supplies hex rather than torx. It's not a critical issue, just slightly inconvenient to have to have two tools to pull tupperware off for maintenance or farkling...or farkle fixing.

GSA True Value (1541 West Pacific Coast Highway, Long Beach, CA - (562) 437-2716) has the most amazing selection of fasteners I've ever seen. It's a True Value hardware store, but they have a Government Supply contract to service the nearby Port of Long Beach. They have a 50-foot wall with every manner of nut, bolt, and screw in SAE and metric and you can buy "by the each." Give 'em a call. Maybe they will be willing to send you the screws you need if they have them.

markgoodrich
Still no joy. Must be why BMW supplies hex rather than torx. It's not a critical issue, just slightly inconvenient to have to have two tools to pull tupperware off for maintenance or farkling...or farkle fixing.

Typo in this post, meant BMR, the shelf guy, not BMW, supplies hex screws rather than torx.

Archived