IGNORED

Pilot Road II's

Skywagon

I pulled the PRII's off today after 14250 miles. The front generally had 3/32 and the rear was 3/32. I really love this tire. I would have ridden them another 1500 or so, but I am making a trip soon where getting tires would be quite a challenge.

The new PRII's look right at home.

I just recently installed a set of PRII's. It's the 1st time that I use thes tires.

Impressed with the handling so far, I hope that I get close to your mileage out of them.

just installed a set of new PR 2's. Had 15,000 km on my previous set of PR 2's. Probably had between 3,000 - 5,000 km of thread left. A rear flat and a future trip down south caused me to replace the set before they were worn down.

Wish I could get that kind of milage. I'm usually in the 6-7K range. Pilot IIs about the same. Seems like the left side of my tires wear fact. The pilots I have on the bike now did good for 4K then started wearying strange.

My K75RT did the same.

I'm a heavy front brake user so that could be some of the wear but still.

My PR 2 on my RT started to show more wear on the left side also. Not sure exactly, but it started to show that wear at 8,000 to 10,000 km. I increased the front air pressure. It seemed to slow down the uneven wear.

Seems like the left side of my tires wear fact.

Most people in right-hand side drive countries wear the left sides of their tires faster due to a number of reasons:

Inherent Reasons:

- Left-handers, always on the outside of the corners have a greater radius which results in more miles ridden on the left sides.

- Road crown means right-handers are slightly banked, while left-hander are off-camber.

Psychological/Subconscious Reasons (most people ride left-handers more aggressively):

- Right-hander are ALWAYS blinder and sharper.

- You are much more likely to encounter an opposing cage crossing the double yellow on a right-hander.

- You are more likely to encounter gravel/sand on right handers.

- If you mess-up on a right-hander (ie, go down, or overshoot) you risk getting run over by opposing traffic... that will maim or kill you, almost regardless of speed.

My PR2 left-side tire wear (@5k) CLICKY

Slyder_Steve
My PR2 left-side tire wear (@5k) CLICKY

Wow! I get better mileage out of my original PRs! What tire pressure are you running?

Slyder

37F/40R, bike 575lbs, rider 155lbs, solo unladen..... but lots of twisties, which kills tires. BTW, that's a winter tire run Nov - Mar, not far from NYC.

Think that's bad... how about my Z6 at 2.1k CLICKY. In all fairness, that tire ran the BRP and Smokey mountains, which have about 2x the number of corners as my normal territory in the NE.

I pulled the PRII's off today after 14250 miles. The front generally had 3/32 and the rear was 3/32. I really love this tire. I would have ridden them another 1500 or so, but I am making a trip soon where getting tires would be quite a challenge.

The new PRII's look right at home.

wHAT tire pressures front/rear?

what type of loads..one up two up fully loaded

what is your weight plus the above if 2 up / fully loaded?

just installed a set of new PR 2's. Had 15,000 km on my previous set of PR 2's. Probably had between 3,000 - 5,000 km of thread left. A rear flat and a future trip down south caused me to replace the set before they were worn down.

Hey Lmar. Mind sharing where you got the tires and what paid? You could pm if you prefer. Thanks.

bONe...220lbs 6ft solo 100%. Occasional long trip 10-15 lbs luggage strapped to the pillon Shocks and preload always set hard.

Front 38 Rear 40

I have 8600 miles on my PR2's and still have usable tread left. This is the 1st tire on my 96 R1100RT to passed the 8k mark. Now if they would just make them for the R1200GS.

Alan

I have 8600 miles on my PR2's and still have usable tread left. This is the 1st tire on my 96 R1100RT to passed the 8k mark. Now if they would just make them for the R1200GS.

Alan

Funny that. I wish I could get a Metz Tourance in a standard street size - it's

only tire that I've ever gotten to cross the 7k mark.

Archived