IGNORED

Schuberth Helmets

RedHot

Where did you buy yours? I want to get the New "lady" C3 helmet and I wanted to shop some of the places that will ship to the US.

So, where did you buy yours?

TIA

Tina

The C3 was just rated by SHARP and scored only 3 stars for poor side protection. That's pretty scary to me.

I am looking at the AGV Miglia which got 4 stars and is available at Cycle Gear (7-day return policy). The only modulars to get 5 stars, the Caberg Trip and BMW System 5 are not available in the US. I would get one, but no way to try it on if ordered from the UK.

There are many 5 star FF helmets available in the US. This list is all of the 5 stars, about half of which are available here.

I haven't found a cross-reference for the Bells which are named differently in the US. The AGV names cross over and are available at Cycle Gear. The HJC HQ1 is the AC-12 in the US. Most of the rest of the names cross-over without any translation needed.

SHARP 5 Star Ratings

See also reviews and weights at Web Bike World

A proper fitting helmet is one of the most important safety features. Be sure you buy what fits your head best.

The C3 was just rated by SHARP and scored only 3 stars for poor side protection. That's pretty scary to me.

SHARP is a flawed report based on (some) old data and a lot of misinterpreted data. I short does not replicate real world accidents.

See this report, which is heavy reading, so oyu can go to the end and see how the DfT.gov.uk messed up.

http://www.perg.bam.ac.uk/pdfs/p161_Critical_evaluation_of_the_SHARP_motorcycle_helmet_ratings_.pdf

Hi Tina,

I've been looking to buy the new Schuberth C3 as well.

RT_Jim recently bought one here: http://www.fc-moto.de/

Jim gave me their address & said he was pleased with both the helmet & their (FC Moto) communication.

SHARP is a flawed report based on (some) old data and a lot of misinterpreted data. I short does not replicate real world accidents.

See this report, which is heavy reading, so oyu can go to the end and see how the DfT.gov.uk messed up.

http://www.perg.bam.ac.uk/pdfs/p161_Critical_evaluation_of_the_SHARP_motorcycle_helmet_ratings_.pdf

Link doesn't work.

SAAB93driver

Try Louis. It's a large chain of motorcycle accessories shops in Germany, like a motorcycle candy store if you've ever been to one in person:

http://www.louis.de/

They still have the C2 as well.

Thankyou Twisties!

Don't thank me yet! :) I'm going to start a new thread to discuss this, don't to hijack this one any further.

Tina,

I agree below, I buy almost all my extras at www.Louis.de they accept all cc's and ship world wide too boot. In addition the return policy is as easy as it gets, simply pay for shipping and no questions asked.

My wife wears the C3 Lady, and loves it. It's light weight, extremely quiet and she says its the most comfortable she has worn yet. If you don't want to go to Louis, then there are normally a couple places in Canada that also sell. Or you can try the Schuberth website and try a direct purchase form them.

Tina,

I agree below, I buy almost all my extras at www.Louis.de they accept all cc's and ship world wide too boot. In addition the return policy is as easy as it gets, simply pay for shipping and no questions asked.

My wife wears the C3 Lady, and loves it. It's light weight, extremely quiet and she says its the most comfortable she has worn yet. If you don't want to go to Louis, then there are normally a couple places in Canada that also sell. Or you can try the Schuberth website and try a direct purchase form them.

Thank you!!! FINALLY someone with experience on the Lady one! Thanks for letting me know. I think I found a company that has them a little cheaper. Now if I can just get the guts to hit that "buy now" button. It is a risk to buy a helmet without trying it on but I think they have a return policy as well.

Thank you for the input!!!

Oh come on - pull the trigger.... buy the helmet.... you know you want it..... and you need it before your trip to Canada.

Of course the toque may not fit over it, but I'm sure that can be fixed with a little duct tape.

:rofl:

Just bought a C3. Not as quiet as I had hoped but still quieter than my previous. It seems much better deisgned and built than some of the others I have tried. But the really important thing is that it fits. There is more contact between the liner in this than the one in my Fulmer which makes the helmet a little hotter it you are not moving. However the field of vision is much better and I think I will love the pinlock when it gets cooler. On the down side a piece of trim broke off at the sun visor slider at the base of the helmet. It seemed awful brittle. I have emiled Schuberth customer service but have yet to hear back (emailed Friday near quitting time in Germany).

Fc-Moto has a store in Aachen but are primarly mail order and seem to have VAT exemption/refund worked out for online

Louis has many many stores. Honestly, I can't believe how they can keep so may in business. they seem to have VAT exemption/refund worked out for online and in the stores.

Polo Motorad same as Louis but while they may have VAT exemption/refund worked out for online the stores are not so familiar with it. Guess where I bought mine? :dopeslap: Luckily I am going back to Germany for work and will be able to get my refund then. If you are in Germany and want to get a VAT refund when you leave ask for a Ausfuhrbescheinigung. yes that is one word.

Mot-Store.de seems to be an online only store. can;t remember if they have VAT worked out.

Watch the euro it is slightly below $1.20 now (I bought my helmet at $1.2727) google eurusd=x to get current exchange rate. And Charles Schwab invest first visa has 2% cash back (into a Schwab brokerage acct) but no BS foreign transaction fee :clap: Compared to a std 3% exchange fee it is 5% cheaper than a std card.

• 7 months later...

I Received my C3 from FC-moto a few weeks ago and took a ride of about 100 miles or so yesterday for the first time wearing it. I find it very comfortable and quiet. I use ear buds with my XM which makes hearing anything outside the helmet pretty hard, and probably not so safe. I may end up using their sound system just so the ear buds are not stuck in my ear. But dropping another $350 will be tough to swallow!

I can tell that this is not going to be a very comfortable hot weather helmet as it doesn't have a whole lot of air flow. I love the internal sun visor! It's the first one that I have tried that comes down low enough to be useful! Overall I'm quite pleased with the comfort, fit, and how quiet it is.

Doug

Shoei, HJC, Nolan, etc. I can usually take a large. But I bought an XL in the Schuberth C3. The large was about a half size too small so I went to the XL. FYI- the shell size changes between a large and extra large.

Doug

Archived