IGNORED

RT intercom recommendations?

John_KK

I've used Autocom for years now and am happy with it. My brother is looking to add intercom for he and his wife on their RT. I haven't kept up with the latest tech offerings. Can you offer suggestions? I appreciate real rider experiences. Best to you all, '07 RT, Cal Sci shield, Zumo on BMR bracket, Suburban risers, Hyper-Lites, Russell driver, R Mayer passenger, Elf Hexhead pegs, etc. Safe Riding!

I faced the same question last year and decided on Autocom.

We switched from the Bluetooth Version 1 Cardo Scala Rider set-up. The Scala was good enough to convince me we wanted something but it needed to be better.

I hear (no pun intended) that the latest versions of the Scala is much better. I also hear that the other products have come a long way also- like Chatterbox.

My riding buddy had the Blue Ant product and was very disapointed and returned it immediately.

Autocom apparently is the Gold Standard.

you actual mileage may vary....

ElevenFifty

Starcom1 Advance or Digital units. 50000+ miles or reliable operation - GPS on AUX, iPod and Sirius on AUDIO, bluetooth module for PHONE and intercom. Get to PTT and remote volume control options.

I've used Autocom for years now and am happy with it. My brother is looking to add intercom for he and his wife on their RT. I haven't kept up with the latest tech offerings. Can you offer suggestions? I appreciate real rider experiences. Best to you all, '07 RT, Cal Sci shield, Zumo on BMR bracket, Suburban risers, Hyper-Lites, Russell driver, R Mayer passenger, Elf Hexhead pegs, etc. Safe Riding!

I have a SuperPro AVI and a Starcom Digital. They are both great units. For my ears, the Starcom sounds better. The Starcom is much smaller, and I found it very easy to install. I wired it to my Zumo with the basic audio cable and had no ground loop issues at all. The Autocom required a ground isolator. The autocom has larger more robust headset cables and connectors. The Starcom are smaller and are reported to be not as robust. I prefer the Starcom cables, I hope they last. I had to weak the autocom a bunch to get it 'just right' for the Vox and Volume. The Starcom went out of the box and onto the bike with the factory settings working just fine.

Either is a fine choice for a wired unit.

Web Bike World has been doing some tests of the latest wireless units, you might check that out.

Survived-til-now

I too am an Autocom fan!

Archived