IGNORED

Shameless plug: Gloves

mbelectric

mbelectric

OK Folks, normally don't plug merchandise here, but here's one ya might want to consider:

http://www.helimot.com/shopglovesdisplayproducts.asp?id=23&cat=Gloves

Long story short, I am a big fan of Held gloves...or I used to be.

Contacted Held about repair of my 10 year old gloves. The general idea I got back from them was that even though my gloves were in good shape (the fingers were worn on 3 digits left hand) they were hesitant to repair them for a number of reasons. Basically, I think they thought that they were compromised, and repairs wouldn't end up as a solution. They did want me to send them in for inspection, but I decided against it, as I knew what the outcome would have been: Ya just need to get new gloves.

So, after work today I stopped by where I had purchased them, as I knew they were making their own gloves, along with leathers, boots, etc.

Met the owner Helmut. Good guy he is, and I had forgotten about him. So after him inspecting my old Held's (which he didn't have to do) he showed me his complete glove product line. He also showed me numerous gloves which had survived all sorts of crashes. He then showed me some Held gloves after crashes. Needless to say , I decided on a pair of HIS gloves. Even after my decision, he spent time to show me the rest of his shop. First quality American product. First quality American business owner.

Rare these days.

So if you think you might need gloves, give his website a look.

Best results and fit in person, but I asked and he said a hand trace on paper would be all that he would need to process by mail. Adjustments ok with him.

Then again, if you are coming out to the UN, a short 4 hour

gets you to his shop.

BTW, I bought the Buffalo Pro. :thumbsup:

MB>

Yup. I've got a pair of the Buffalo 365's and they're my second favorites behind my Held Fighter (which they don't make any more, dang it).

LeftCoastMan

Contacted Held about repair of my 10 year old gloves. The general idea I got back from them was that even though my gloves were in good shape (the fingers were worn on 3 digits left hand) they were hesitant to repair them for a number of reasons. Basically, I think they thought that they were compromised, and repairs wouldn't end up as a solution. They did want me to send them in for inspection, but I decided against it, as I knew what the outcome would have been: Ya just need to get new gloves.

Just as a heads up, I had a pair of Helds, that I just loved. They too were worn. Sent it in. They said irreparable. They then offered me an outstanding deal on a new pair to replace them. Now after 5 years, I need to replace them again. I'm going to try to do the same thing. BUT, if they have new management and don't do that, I'm definitely going to consider helimot.

Archived