IGNORED

Oil use....

Nickjc

No flames please....my mistake I know.....

Used my K75S most of the Summer in NYC proper....

Back in april I did an oil change on a 2000 RT with 9k miles....ODO now reads 12725...the bike runs flawlessly no issues at all...smooth fast etc...

I was getting ready to do a winter oil change for my winter riding and noticed the bike was abt 3/4 qt low...WHOA !!!!!

I know I know..I should have been chekcing all along...BUT, there are no leaks drips etc...can the RT burn that much oil????

I gotta be missing something...my 92 K75s with 50+K burns close to ZERO oil and i mean ZER0...any ideas...??

confused.gif

ShovelStrokeEd

..any ideas...??

Yeah, quit checking so often. smirk.gif

3/4 quart down is not critical by any means. The consumption is less than 1/4 qt/thousand miles which is well below the norm for a bike with your milage. Even if it was over full to begin with, you still have nothing to worry about consumption wise.

Ride it and check every 2500 miles or so and you'll be fine. A good number of us here subscribe to the theory that if you can see oil in the sight glass with the bike on the side stand you are fine.

..any ideas...??

Yeah, quit checking so often. smirk.gif

3/4 quart down is not critical by any means. The consumption is less than 1/4 qt/thousand miles which is well below the norm for a bike with your milage. Even if it was over full to begin with, you still have nothing to worry about consumption wise.

Ride it and check every 2500 miles or so and you'll be fine. A good number of us here subscribe to the theory that if you can see oil in the sight glass with the bike on the side stand you are fine.

thumbsup.gif Alright then.....!

For the first 15000 miles or so, my 2002RT used what I thought was quite a bit of oil, and then it just stopped. I did a 25k mile ride this fall and I did not use a drop of oil, zero. I rode the bike harder on this trip than I ever have before, maybe it liked that thumbsup.gif

For the first 15000 miles or so, my 2002RT used what I thought was quite a bit of oil, and then it just stopped. I did a 25k mile ride this fall and I did not use a drop of oil, zero. I rode the bike harder on this trip than I ever have before, maybe it liked that thumbsup.gif

Wow a 25K ride!! Was that coast to coast the long way?

clap.gif

Archived