IGNORED

2010 RT mirror improvement?

Gregg

The 2010 RT doesn't have the mirror hole on the grip. New grip is stealthy.

So...any ideas to improve the poor visibility of the 2010 RT mirrors?

All suggestions welcome! Thanks!

I adjust mirrors to see behind bike and added small blind spot mirrors to cover sides. Works great for a few $ and no need to have a bunch or mirrors on my bike.

• 2 weeks later...

I could not see my wife, or the road behind me with any amount of gear on the back (we are on a cross Canada trip)so I got a set of K1200S mirrors mounted in the holes on the master cylinders of my 2005RT.

They are fantastic. And expensive, but worth the $$s. The BMW dealer in Edmonton had to "dremel out" the hole to make it fit but did a great job.

I recommend them for every RT that they will fit.

I've heard that the mirrors form the 1200R can be mounted on the RT. I think you need to also get the top lever bracket from the R.

I've seen those mirrors from A&S on another bike within the past couple weeks and it might have been a Suzuki because I was looking at their 400 cc supermoto as an "around town" bike.

Check the J-brand dealers for bolt ons as it appears to be a very std type. This item may be being sold through BMW with a ridiculous markup, much like many other items. It is not a BMW "original" part!!

Ride a sportbike for a while. Once you get used to those tiny, often buzzy mirrors that require you to lift your arm to see behind you, you will think the RT's mirror are wonderful. :)

I wonder if body positon makes a difference. Obviously rider height and set height will matter. But i don't have any real isseus with the mirrors. Sure my hand does block about 1/4 of it, but I can see behind me even well loaded for camping 2-up.

xbubblehead

They can explain it better but they use an "aspheric" mirror design which you can use different parts of the mirror to see different areas. Takes some getting use to but they are very effective IMHO.

They are attached over the original mirrors by very strong double adhesive tape - I ride thru all types of weather and they are as strong as the day I put them on.

LeftCoastMan
I adjust mirrors to see behind bike and added small blind spot mirrors to cover sides. Works great for a few $ and no need to have a bunch or mirrors on my bike.

+5 (at least).

I get great visibility in about a 180º swatch behind me. I always turn and look before changing lanes and such, but it is great for fast visualization of what's around.

I thought the Multivex attachment was cheesy but the double-stick tape works very well. The edges were also not as finished as I expected but I can't complain about how they work. I get an angle of vision that covers both the other lane and direct behind me.

Archived