IGNORED

Total Bluetooth n00b...help me, Obi Won!

Casey

Ok, so I'm going to be ordering my RT in about 65 days (when I get home on R&R), I'm contemplating the radio option. Now here's my question(s),

If I get the radio option, what kind of doodad or doohickey would I need to connect to a Bluetooth headset like this: Sena SMH10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Intercom?

Could I connect the Bluetooth headset for bike to bike comms, a GPS, and the bikes radio?

I've been doing some research, but being a total n00b I'm getting corn-fused.

Thankas brothers..

I've got a BMW radio on my 2005RT, but I don't find it very useful. I've also got Autocom, multiple GPSs, Sirius, MP3 and a lot of wires on several bikes. My plan is to get one Zumo 550 and Nolan bluetooth to go to my Nolan helmets and have everything in one unit that is either Bluetooth or one wire to the Zumo depending if I am riding a noisier naked bike or the quieter RT. I am getting rid of the rat's nest of wires.

Allen Rowand

essman,

Keep in mind that the bluetooth output of the 550 is mono and sounds… bad. It's fine for voice direction, but terrible for playing music. I got a Camos bluetooth adapter that I plug into the 550 cradle. It works very well.

James Clark
essman,

Keep in mind that the bluetooth output of the 550 is mono and sounds… bad. It's fine for voice direction, but terrible for playing music. I got a Camos bluetooth adapter that I plug into the 550 cradle. It works very well.

Using the internal BT will also burn through your headset battery in short order as it turns on the headset's transmitter whenever it activates the connection.

Thanks for the replies so far, but I guess my question is can I connect the installed RT radio to some kind of Bluetooth attachment? So I could listen to the radio through the speakers in my Bluetooth equipped helmet?

Also, if I wanted to plug in a set of earbuds, can I do that to the factory radio and listen to it that way?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Can't frakkin' wait to order my new bike!! First brand new thing I've ever owned.

Archived