IGNORED

EZ Pass Mounting

Deltamark

Now that the Ohio Turnpike makes it economically wise to use an EZ Pass transmtting device to get through the toll gates without stopping I've been searching for a creative solution to mount one unit, interchangably on both the RT and an F650 GS. (My wife would need something too for her little 250.) I used a conference name tag with string to wear it around my neck, but realized that might create some bad possibilities in a situation.

I saw this mount at Aerostich ... Cycle E-Pass Mount but am not sure I want to pay the cost for three bikes. Has anyone else found a creative solution for this scenario?

I learned on this forum to just put it in my tank bag. That works.

I was under the impression you needed one pass per license plate.

I don't usually use a tank bag, except for long trips. Perhaps they recommend one unit per license plate, but I was under the impression that it was OK to swap. I could be wrong.

I was under the impression you needed one pass per license plate.

My EZPass is account is in Delaware. I don't know if there's a limit but I have 4 cars and a motorcycle registered to one xponder unit. Changes/additions can be made online or by phone. Shop around, EZPass fees are not the same in every state and you don't have to buy from where you live.

I use a large rubber band cut from an old inner tube and strap it to the GPS.

BTW, they will send you extra 3M windshield attach strips free.

CruisinCruzan

In NY you can have more than 1 bike on an EZ-Pass (you can also get one per bike, since I am the only rider I just have 1 tag for my 2 bikes). In NY there is a separate MC EZ-Tag (looks the same as the regular). It charges you half price on the NYS Thruway (I-90). Since you have more than 1 rider and there is no cost to get the tag (at least here) I would get 2 tags. I mounted mine on my gadget guy mount.

RichEdwards

NY is a good place to purchase the EZ Pass. The pass is free and there are no monthly carrying charges to maintain your EZ Pass account. As stated above, there are many tolls that are discounted for motorcycles. NY has a specific pass for motorcycles with a big M printed on it.

909931742_D2VU7-L.jpg

I mount mine on the inside of the windscreen on my GT using the mounting strips supplied with the EZ Pass. When I stop for lunch, I can lower the windscreen and make it impossible to take the EZ Pass off. It's also easy to stick it into a sidecase which is what I do with my GPS.

NY is a good place to purchase the EZ Pass. The pass is free and there are no monthly carrying charges to maintain your EZ Pass account. As stated above, there are many tolls that are discounted for motorcycles. NY has a specific pass for motorcycles with a big M printed on it.

909931742_D2VU7-L.jpg

I mount mine on the inside of the windscreen on my GT using the mounting strips supplied with the EZ Pass. When I stop for lunch, I can lower the windscreen and make it impossible to take the EZ Pass off. It's also easy to stick it into a sidecase which is what I do with my GPS.

I do the same with my RT. I figured out the lowest point I could place it on the windscreen that would still let it close the entire way with the EZ pass attached. When the screen is lowered, it is impossible to remove it.

Mark_Turner

I found that I can mount my I pass on my Garmin Nuvi 250 mount by sliding it in. I have it mounted on my Ram mount. Don't have any pics but I'd check out the Ram mount web site.

Mark

Left front jacket pocket works fine for me.

I've gotten stuck at the midtown tunnel with the EZ Pass in my pocket. It wouldn't register. It also wouldn't work from my tankbag a couple of times. Now I just mount it on my windshield like the pic above.

Luckily everyone behind me was very patient when they didn't work. :Cool:

In Maryland I have one account and four transponders. I believe they are interchangable now from vehicle to vehicle. I also have all the tag #'s registered with them in case one doesn't read.

I have an 03RT and mounted it under the black windshield motor/dash cap with the strips that came with the EZPass. It is angled just like it would be on a windshield, it's invisible, and it hasn't failed to register anywhere yet for me. There is plenty of room under that cover and it's only a handful of screws to remove it once the windshield is off. I mounted it closer to the throttle side near the windshield arm. My garage door opener is under there too, wired to a momentary switch for convenience.

I took a can a black spraypaint to mine and mounted in on the dash under the windscreen. It's at the lowest point forward and if you weren't specifically looking for it, you wouldn't be able to see it. I've never had a problem with it working there.

Although in Austin, we don't have as many toll roads as in other places, sometimes it makes sense to get on them.

I have 1 tag for 3 vehicles safely stashed away in my desk at home. I get a monthly usage report by license plate, there are no gates to worry about here, just drive/ride thru and the camera and their computer will do the rest.

Archived