IGNORED

Jet Boil users, a question

johnlt

I just upgraded to a Jet Boil (I hope it was an upgrade)and have a question. For packing, you put the fuel cell and burner inside the water cannister which seems fine for backpacking but I'm concerned with any vibration on the bike scratching the inside of the container. Is this a problem? What do ya'll do?

Hi John

I have used a Jet Boil for a long time now and actually carry it in my bouncing jarring off road bikes and just place some paper towels or napkins around the fuel can when placing it in the canister. Just enough to keep it from rattling around.

... just place some paper towels or napkins around the fuel can when placing it in the canister. Just enough to keep it from rattling around.

+1

I have carried mine stuffed in a hard side case for >30k miles, easy, and no issues. Sometimes the spark ingnitor is a bit tempermental so carry someother flame souce--matches, bic lighter.

If you are going a long time and using it every night, some extra fuel is a good idea.

JOhn

Uh oh. I didn't realize I had a rattle issue. I've put about 20k miles on mine, but haven't done anything but put everything inside with no extra paper, inner tube, etc.

Uh oh. I didn't realize I had a rattle issue. I've put about 20k miles on mine, but haven't done anything but put everything inside with no extra paper, inner tube, etc.

Yea, me to.

Me 3

although, now that I think about it, maybe throwing a paper towel around the fuel cannister wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I've always carried ours just like it came, not worrying about padding. No wear on the mug part and no adverse affects after about 4 years of touring.

Formerly_Capecodbeemer
I have carried mine stuffed in a hard side case for >30k miles, easy, and no issues. Sometimes the spark ingnitor is a bit tempermental so carry someother flame souce--matches, bic lighter.

If you are going a long time and using it every night, some extra fuel is a good idea.

JOhn

Had the same problem and then bumped into a replacement ignitor at the local camping goods store. Good as new

Archived