IGNORED

Valve stem off sets for BMW wheels.

becmat

I know I have seen this topic before, however, I searched the archives and found nothing. I am sore handed from trying to keep proper air pressure on my R1150RT tires. The brake discs tear me up when trying to air up the tires front and rear. To say nothig of the frustration trying to get an air gauge or air inlet on the valve stem. I know there are offsets that attach to the valve stems that make it possible to air up and check pressure on the tires. I just don't know where to find them and which ones are the best for a M/C (BMW). I cannot be the only one needing such an item, can I?.

If you know of such an item or have used them , please adivse.

Mat

Charles Elms

I bought a 90 offset at Bob's BMW that is a "TEMPORARY" attachment to the existing valve stem. Just screws on. works great, but you loose a little air when you disconnect it. I attach the offset and overfill my tire by about 3 to 4 pounds, then REMOVE the offset and bleed air to the pressure I want. I only use it on the front. I can get to the read valve stem ok.

I use these . They are milled out of billit aluminimun and work great. There are several versions around but I'd recommend any of the solid aluminum versions rather than the temporary screw-on versions.

Peter Parts
Next tire change, install a 90 degree metal stem. That's what I plan to do.

See this thread: Link

I bought a nice 90 degree stem and installed at last tire change on front wheel (dual disks, eh).

Turned out, it bumped into the brake calipers or something (I was seeing red at the time, not sure). So I just twisted it around to 45 degrees to the direction of the bike (bad concept, eh). Hasn't last air... yet.

Gotta say, I resisted the idea (and should have resisted a bit longer, eh) because: needs more balance weight, puts funny torque on the stem when going fast, looks ugly, and more reasons, I am sure.

Summary: don't bother. If you are checking air a whole lot, you have a tire problem, are far too anal, or ought to keep more air in your tires (pay no attention to The Factory pressure - for good reasons, not just my usual skepticism).

Ben

Archived