IGNORED

Zumo 550, 660 or BMW Nav IV

TM1918

I am curious if there is an advantage to going with either a Zumo 660 or a BMW Nav IV rather than a Zumo 550?

Also, I saw a ram ball mount attached to where the "roundel" is located on the triple clamp on a K1300GT. I thought this was pretty trick and I'd like to pick one up. Does anyone know who makes this?

Thanks,

TM

cali_beemer

I would take the zumo 550 of those choices since the zumo has XM capability. Thats a must for me. Now if you were comparing the 550 to the 665 then the choice is tougher.

I was thinking of this topic as well. Though I am primarily concerned about the 660 vs the Nav IV. I have heard the Nav IV has a better installation package but can't find any concrete info. BMW also has a bike specific mount for the Nav IV (bought separately) that I have heard is much better than a RAM mount. Anyone know if it would work with the 660?

"Also, I saw a ram ball mount attached to where the "roundel" is located on the triple clamp on a K1300GT. I thought this was pretty trick and I'd like to pick one up. Does anyone know who makes this?"

Is this what you're referring to?

Mount

If so, it's made by a "Jakfrost" (Jim), a fellow Board member.

Excellent product; mine supports a Zumo 550. Can easily see it, even with a BMW Tank Bag in place.

One of the big differences between the 660 BMW version and the Zumo version is the output. BMW assumes you will use bluetooth and does not have a hardwired microphone input or hardwired stereo output. Zumo 660 does. So if you need to hardwire your mic input or outputs stay away from the BMW unit.

However, the BMW does have the external buttons on the cradle that make it (perhaps) easier to use.

+1 on the JakFrost mount. I've had one installed 3 years and am *completely* satisfied.

wisconsin_rt

Whatever you do don't buy the Nav IV. No output volume control. No XM - buy the 660 and save the bucks or the 665 and get more features.

Archived