IGNORED

Non-luggage luggage question

roughwaterjohn

roughwaterjohn

Hey all,

Have an '01 RT-P, and will be heading to the Bay Area from San Diego the first part of August, traveling Hwy 1.

Everything I need to take with me will fit in the RT-P City Cases and Radio box, so I don't need a tank bag or radio box mounted luggage system.

Rather than use something as inelegant as stuffing my things in plastic bags, does anyone have a suggestion on a bag, case or similar that I can place my travel gear in, that would fit in the city cases? Thinking outside the box, it doesn't have to be anything designed for travel, just something that can contain the usual clothing and such one takes when traveling, and is soft or pliable enough to stuff into the side case and radio box.

Thanks for any ideas or suggestions you care to offer.

Hey John,

You might try checking Bestem. LINK

They are decent quality, priced reasonably, and the Pannier bags I got for my RT work very well. They may be a bit large for city cases, but they are squishable.

Good Luck!

Allen Rowand

John,

I use a pair of Kathy's bags. They're the only ones I've found that work well with city lids. If you decide to pick up standard lids, these will expand to fit.

The external pockets are handy for toiletries, chargers, etc.

roughwaterjohn

That's exactly the kind of information I was hoping to get. The wealth of knowledge and advice on this site never ceases to amaze me. Really! :thumbsup:

If you're not really looking for a "bag liner", which are nice in their own right... I've found smaller, simple gym bags work really well. Light weight ones work better. There's always a bunch of them at Goodwill. Or look at the little stuff sacks at REI (like for sleeping bags, etc.). They don't transport as well outside the case, but they're great for when you're rummaging through there. Use different colors to denote the contents - you don't want to open your side case and find a dozen little stuff sacks, all of them blue! ugh.

Archived