IGNORED

Shad Top Case

RPA CPA

Anyone own a Shad Top Case? I want to know if they are worth buying. I also want to know if they attach easily to a standard

BMW R1200ST luggage rack.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

My brother but it's on an FJR1300. I'll ask him how he likes it but my impression is he likes it quite well. Looks nice on the FJ I can tell you. He had it installed by the Shad folks at Americade last year. They weren't there this year. Here's a photo of it.

DSC_9948.JPG

My recollection is that it has it's own mounting bracket which attached to the existing Yamaha rack. I'll report back after July 5th.

Roy

Yep, SH-40 Cargo on my 1200RT. This is their best seller. The SH50 is #2. LOVE it! Like the ability to open & close w/o having to use key. Can't do that with givi. The universal mount worked fine though I did use a little shop metal over all the brackets that came w/universal mnt

RxCritical
Yep, SH-40 Cargo on my 1200RT. This is their best seller. The SH50 is #2. LOVE it! Like the ability to open & close w/o having to use key. Can't do that with givi. The universal mount worked fine though I did use a little shop metal over all the brackets that came w/universal mnt

So this universal mount works on a 09 R1200RT???

Thanks,

Paul

RxCritical

Ok, after lots of phone calls and emails I found out that the universal mount which comes stock with the Shad cases should work on a 09 RT(with some owner modifications) but is not recommended by Shad. They sell a adaptor kit which they just got in the States.

It is part number W0RT19ST and retails for around $55.

I have a SH-50 in Silver and this adaptor on order. Pics to be provided later.

Archived