IGNORED

Autocom speakers in Nolan N103 helmet?

Fast Eddy

Has anyone put autocom speakers in a Nolan n103 helmet? I put speakers and mike setup in my last Nolan with no problem but I just got a new n103 and the speakers hurt my ears. There isn't as much space in the ear pockets to fit the speakers. It says the helmet is ready to install their ncom system so I thought it would be pretty easy.There is a perforated vinyl/cardboard backing where you mount the speakers , is this supposed to be removed?Thanks for any advice I'm kinda stumped on this one.

I put Autocom speakers into my N103 with no problems. Works great. I want my speakers to "barely touch my ear" with the center of the speaker exactly over my ear hole and it allowed me to do that with no problem. I did NOT remove the vinyl/cardboard but actually velcro'ed the speakers to that surface and it was perfect. When I use in-ear speakers for long rides, I move the Autocom speakers "under" the vinyl/cardboard surface and it gives me sufficient space for the in-ear speaker to not have any interference. I was also able to route the connection cable through the access hole made for the Nolan cable. Tight fit to get the DIN connector through it but it will go. Then a touch of hot glue and all is well.

I tried the autocom speakers in my N103. After an hour ride my ears hurt so bad I had to take them out. I use Etymotic earbuds with an autocom plug in headset. Helmet fits perfect without speakers but just didn't have enough space for the speakers for me.

Archived