IGNORED

Gloves

Vicious_Cycler

Vicious_Cycler

I would rather not ride in fingerless gloves. However, my full finger coverage gloves are a serious PIA when it comes to adjusting my iPod, latching/unlatching my helmet strap, getting out my credit card, etc. Does anyone know if someone makes a real moto glove with an open forefinger/thumb or an articulated finger like a hunters glove?

I would rather not ride in fingerless gloves. However, my full finger coverage gloves are a serious PIA when it comes to adjusting my iPod, latching/unlatching my helmet strap, getting out my credit card, etc. Does anyone know if someone makes a real moto glove with an open forefinger/thumb or an articulated finger like a hunters glove?

I use unlined, summer-weight, perforated leather gloves. The ones I like are somewhat difficult to find, but FirstGear (I think) makes a model I really like, and I try to always have a second pair on hand. The gloves have a tag reading "First FI 190 GL". I have never been able to find a decent pair on the internet. These last ones I bought at a Honda dealer in Pensacola, FL for about $25. They kind of look like "sports car driving gloves". I can do just about anything with these: manipulate all the controls on my GPS, Integratr, gas fill-ups, rummaging around in in the side cases, etc.

I gave up finding them on the internet, and just check out what the motorcycle shops have when I have time on my hands. :Cool:

http://www.leeparksdesign.com/

All you need... like a second skin.

Most comfortable gloves I've ever worn!

Michael,

Which of their gloves do you have? Did you buy them on line or did you go and physically try them on? Hope all is well at the UN!! Wish I were there!

Stephen

BeemerLover

You might try mechanic's gloves. Harbor Freight has some for about $15 that are made of Kevlar and are so responsive that I can pick up a dime off a table. They are mesh and work well on hot days.

I started riding with these recently on the RR. You probably couldn't even pick up an iPod with these, much less work the controls, but they sure have my hands covered.

knox_handroid_white_400.jpg

So nobody's actually...crashed.... with them on?

Unfortunately I went sliding down the road (about 25 ft) with my lee parks gloves. They stayed on my hands and did a nice job of protecting my hands and wrists. They got scraped up quite a bit but did not wear through.

Archived