IGNORED

Gratuitous plug for a great company

roughwaterjohn

roughwaterjohn

Hey all,

I know we hear about bad experiences more than good. Just wanted to share some great customer service recently.

Purchased a helmet recently from Helmet City (http://www.helmetcity.com/index-nd.php). I ordered a large as I usually do, but for some reason, the style of helmet I purchased didn't fit my big 'Old Punkin Head. I called customer service as soon as the helmet arrived. They said to ship it back and call them with the tracking number.

I had it boxed and a tracking number in hand within an hour of receiving the first helmet. I called, and they had a new helmet in size XL headed my way before the old helmet even left San Diego. I received it the next day, 2 days before the return would hit their doorstep.

I also ordered a fog-resistant lens for the face shield when I ordered the helmet. Took me a week or so to try it, where I determined it wasn't the right part, or needed an additional or different shield. Called customer service and explained the dilemma. The customer service agent researched it within minutes, and before I could say I would order whatever I needed, she said the website was a little vague, I actually needed to order a different face shield along with the lens, and she was sending me the required shield right then at no charge, and I would get it tomorrow.

WOW... I would have purchased whatever was needed, but never got the opportunity. They determined the problem within minutes, and solved it with no expense to me and no questions asked. They took care of me like I was worth a million bucks, instead of a cheap tightwad who would have purchased whatever was needed, but would have moaned about it for weeks.

Bravo Helmet City. You have my business.

+3 Great to hear. After this season I'll be in the market for a new lid, and this will definitely be one of the places I check out.

Archived