IGNORED

Zumo book activation

Rodney

I got an sd card for my 550 and downloaded a book for an upcoming trip. The book shows up on the zumo but I get a screen that says "Device is not activated for this book"

Anyone know what the next step is?

Thanks,

Rod

Hi Rod

Have you downloaded AudibleManager to your computer? The first time you use the AudibleManager it should lead you through the activation process.

Hi,

I followed the link to garmin audio from the zumo manual and never had an option to download "audio manager". I went right to the Amazon page and downloaded the book to my computer and then to the zumo.

How do I get audio manager?

Thanks

Thanks dirtrider, but I've done that. I have an account and when I go to the software page for a Mac's I'm told I don't need any additional soft ware and so audible manager isn't an option.

I guess I'll have to wait for Garmin support tomorrow.

The books on the Zumo, all 13 hours of it, but it has to be activated.

Thanks, for your help.

Rod

Hi again Rod

Try going to the above site again then just poke around. I just did that and a "chat now with live help" poped up on my computer.

DaveTheAffable
I got an sd card for my 550 and downloaded a book for an upcoming trip. The book shows up on the zumo but I get a screen that says "Device is not activated for this book"

"WHAT? IS HE NUTS? HE WANTS TO READ A BOOK ON HIS ZUMO WHILE RIDING A MOTORCYCLE?"

My brain was locked into a different place. In the last few days my wife and I have looked at the Kindle, and she also wanted to know if she could read books on an iPad. Then I saw this post.

Boy... am I glad I read the whole thread.

Audio, DaveTheAffable, Audio. :rofl:

I too have books on my 665 but never got around to drilling down far enough in the bull--it to 'activate' them. The Mac support for Garmin isn't a priority for them...

The iPad is pretty neat for 'reading' books. Colour, and a real 'page turner' of a device, ha,ha.

Try it...you will know what I mean :-).

Jim

there are a few audible formats - 5 I believe. When I download to a SD card for my cowon mp3 player, I transfer the file to the card using the audible manager. In the lower window, it lists devices I've selected to play files on. I select my cowon player and it dumps the file to the SD card along with a additional file with a 'pos' extension. This I believe is the registration file that activates the file to play on your [zumo] device.

Archived