IGNORED

Touch up paint...

E30TECH

Just got back from a week long trip in NC. We did several 300 mile days through TN, GA, and NC. The roads down there are simply amazing.

Somewhere along the line, either on the Dragon or on RT 28, I leaned it a little too hard and scraped the belly pan. I would like to touch up the scrapes, but wasn't sure which company had the best match. From what I understand, BMW no longer carries the touch up paint. I found a few companies, one of them being colorrite.com Has anyone used a company they can recommend? I assume I would need the clear coat as well (?).

I do realize that when riding correctly, you shouldn't scrape hard parts - and if you are scraping, ride position or suspension needs to be adjusted. I have a fresh set of ohlins on, and I like to lean the bike from time to time. However, this time I leaned a little too far on a set of curves.

Thanks

I used Colorite Titian Silver and clear coat on one of Kathy's mirrors and it turned out OK...Probably would have been great with a skilled operator on the paint nozzles :)...Good paint match and unless it's pointed out you most likely wouldn't notice it's repainted....

The roads down there are simply amazing.

Somewhere along the line, either on the Dragon or on RT 28,

I just got back from a trip down there as well. Route 28 near Bryson City is like a carnival ride. Fantastic.

Archived