IGNORED

Windshield extension

MacRoarS

The stock windshield is a little too tow to me on my R1100RT '97. When the seat is at the lowest position, it works perfectly, but then I am not sitting comfortably.

I have seen that there are some kind of universal lip that can be mounted at top of the windshield, but I have not found the proper search-phrase to find it.

Anyone knowing the name of such a thing, and are here any experiences with it?

Thanx!

RoarS in Norway

I tried a couple of laminar lip products. (They make different models for use on different bikes.)

One worked great, the other was a bust.

(I can't recall which one I liked, so I won't name models...)

I've had a couple of CeeBailey windscreens that I used on my 1150RT. Both were the #2, Eurocut. One was a +4, the other +7.

The quality was top notch, and both worked fine, but I REALLY liked the +7. (Affectionately called the 'barn door.')

But windscreens are much like helmets - what works wonderfully for someone else may be terrible for you.

Good luck!

I've had a couple of CeeBailey windscreens that I used on my 1150RT.[...] I REALLY liked the +7. (Affectionately called the 'barn door.')

What I have seen is some kind of variable lip to be mounted on top of the stock shield. I certainly hope that one of these are cheaper than a new one - but if there are anyone that have a used one lying around the case is different...

But windscreens are much like helmets - what works wonderfully for someone else may be terrible for you.

I am a little afraid that it is the combination of helmet, my clothing/riding style and windscreen that is the problem, because when I am using my plastic-helmet I get less turbulence than when using my carbon helmet - but my carbon helmet fits better and is the one I use for touring due to both comfort and safety reasons...

Again: Thanx folks!

RoarS

Archived