IGNORED

120/60 vs 120/70

SinNH

Bike Bandit says a /60 is what I ordered even though all of the other fourteen front tyres I have ordered on line I made no mistakes and got a /70.

So,the difference is 1/2" (12mm) in height and I'm going to run it. Other than a slight change in bike angle and maybe a little bit rougher feedback from the front I don't think there will be much difference.

I'll put up with it for 5-6000 miles.

What say you guys ?

2000 R1100RT

Bridgestone BT023

If I didn't have written documentation to back-up a /70 order, then I'd run the /60 (previous /70 orders don't matter, you might want to try new sizes). Two things to be concerned with: A /60 has less side tread - but that shouldn't matter unless you ride extreme lean angles (you'll have smaller chicken strips though). And pothole protection - keep the tire properly inflated, and watch for potholes/sharp edges - BMW rims are soft.

Where are the speedo and odo pickups? If they're from the front wheel, the smaller tire will read 4% too high, which shouldn't be much of a problem.

Do you have ABS? I'm wondering if the speed sensor difference will matter?

I take it Bike Bandit doesn't accept returns?

Do you have ABS? I'm wondering if the speed sensor difference will matter?

I take it Bike Bandit doesn't accept returns?

I should recalibrate itself when you first start moving. Thsi helps compensate for tire wear.

A /60 should give a little better feedback form the front end and make the steering a little more responsive since you'll have a little more weight over hte front, and a little bit steeper head angel. Yamaha used to always use a /60 on their R6 I think for that reason.

Bike Bandit accepts returns yes, but I sort of need tyres very soon. The weird part about the emails that verified my order with BB, is that I just started using them last month when I went through a 1970 Honda CB 350 for a customer and all the parts were itemized on the emails they sent me (2) and with the Bridgestone tyres they just listed their part # and "Bridgestone Tire". Oh well. Probably go back to using Comp Acces for tyres,,,just because I KNOW, I ordered a 120/70, I always check and recheck before placing the order.

Steve

Archived