IGNORED

GS-911 newbie question

KROWBAR

After connecting the unit to the diag port with the ignition off then what? No documentation on what to do next?

Do I have to start the engine to get the diag info or only turn on the ignition?

Thanks for any help

Kevin,

THX for the reply. A follow on question. Do I turn on the ignition and then start the program, or program then ignition?

Thx in advance

Kevin,

THX for the reply. A follow on question. Do I turn on the ignition and then start the program, or program then ignition?

Thx in advance

I turn on the ignition then start the program. I'm not sure if that is the right way, but it's worked for me.

A follow on question. Do I turn on the ignition and then start the program, or program then ignition?

The order makes no difference. If the key needs to be on for what you are trying to read the software will tell you.

Which model have you guys purchased? The Bluetooth will not work with my phone and buying a new phone just for this--well....

And whats the thinking on the model--limited or un-limited usage..?

I have, and would only suggest, the PC version. It shows so much more than possible on a phone. And most people travel with a notebook or similar these days anyway don’t they?

The limits on the non-pro version have only to do with certain functions such as resetting service reminders. Unless you anticipate doing those things on 10 or more different bikes over the life of the product, I’d say skip it.

Thanks for everyone's help. Got it to work. Ignition then start program, else it tells you ignition is off. Had no faults.

I have the bluetooth version because my phone is supported. Don't get a new phone IMHO just for GS-911. Convenient on trips where I don't take my laptop. Pro not worth it unless you are a shop or rich as sheet and own more than ten BMW bikes. In which case you can afford Pro anyway. Hell buy two at that point.

Archived