IGNORED

Smartire TPMS sensor replacement...

jakfrost

After the dealer destroyed the Smartire sensor in my front wheel while mounting a new PR2, they followed the suggestion from Vulcan Tire:

"Jim,

Thank you for your question. We're sorry to learn of your misfortune. Unfortunately there are no remaining motorcycle sensors available any longer. However, the passenger car sensors are compatible with the motorcycle receiver. Please note, they may or may not be compatible with your motorcycle wheels. The passenger car sensors can only be mounted on a flat surface so if the drop-center of your wheel is concave or curved, this will not work for you. Should you decide to order with us you will not need a part number. Simply select the item you want from our Replacement TPMS Parts page here:

http://www.vulcantire.com/smartire_pas_acc.htm"

I gave this email to the dealer and they ordered a new sensor and mounted it inside the new tire. When I got home I immediately re-installed the wheel and attempted to 'calibrate' the new sensor. No luck.

Vulcan Tire sent 2 sensors but the dealer only replaced the one they broke in the front tire, but maybe since they came as a pair maybe they need to be replaced as a pair???

Anyone know??

Jim

Archived