IGNORED

HTC Evo mount for video)

CT_Rider

I had the idea that I could shoot some video if I could mount the HTC Evo up next to the Zumo. I just needed to find a mount that I could attach a GadgetGuy ball mount to.

Off to Radio Shack. I didn't care too much if it was suction cup, lighter mount, or vent mount because I was going to trash it to make the GadgetGuy mount fit. The cheapest was the vent mount...twenty bucks.

IMAG0109.jpg

They were nice enough to open the package while I was there. SHOCK! The Radio Shack mount fit the GadgetGuy mount like it was made for it:

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

On the bike:

IMAG0113.jpg

(if only all my little projects went so easily):

That's a RAM mount, not GadgetGuy.

I'd be cautious about that 'Grip-iT' gizmo. If the vibration of the bike and the cheap plastic ratchet mechanism don't play well together, it may drop the phone. And unlike a car, it won't land on capreted floor mats when that happens.

The RAM folks don't make an HTC specific cradle, they only offer a clamp on kit like the one you have. (Linky)

However - if it's of the same quality as the other RAM parts I have owned, it'll be quite stout and dependable.

In either case, I'd suggest a tether on the phone. That way, when it DOES fall out, at least it won't take a terminal tumble...

Archived