IGNORED

BMW Motorrad Roadside Assistance iPhone App

BMWNA

Whether you’re on a long summer expedition or trying to find the best twisties in the United States, Roadside Assistance is only a touch of a button away. You can select services from Battery, Out of Fuel, Flat Tire, Mechanical, Accident or Other. The BMW Motorcycles iPhone App will easily pass your bikes VIN, GPS Coordinates and service needed to our BMW Motorcycle Roadside Representatives. Once a service has been set up we will instantly provide you with your service details including the reference number, dispatched service provider and Estimated Time of Arrival sent directly to the App.

With our free Roadside App you also have access to a dealer locator, a quick dial to BMW Motorcycle Customer Relations. You can even personalize the App with a picture of your bike.

Simply download the "Motorrad Roadside" App to your iPhone and register your bike.

If you need additional assistance, you can contact our support team at BMWAppTechSupport@allstate.com

BMW Motorrad Customer Relations

5164.jpg.8cd6f6f3921a6112cb2ee07906043f30.jpg

That sounds cool.

Anything for the Droid as yet?

Same thing for the Androids, including Droid. (and you don't have to hold the phone a certain way to use it) :rofl:

Check the market.

LeftCoastMan

@hopz. I think it needs a 3G connection to work, so it wouldn't work on an iPod Touch.

I put it on my iPhone 4, which requires no special hand position like the other 99.955% of iPhone 4's on the market. :) Then I realized my Roadside Assistance runs out next month. :( I wonder if you can extend it with BMWNA?

@hopz. I think it needs a 3G connection to work, so it wouldn't work on an iPod Touch.

I totally understand and agree, but...

I have lots of Apps that use my location as determined by "gps" OR by me entering my location. Somehow they figured it out... I wish BMW/Allstate had done so. OBTW my son is an App developer and author... he can do it.

And... while on the subject, what is the nature of the deal between Allstate and BMW?

Perhaps Motorrad would care to comment.

LeftCoastMan

I totally understand and agree, but...

I have lots of Apps that use my location as determined by "gps" OR by me entering my location. Somehow they figured it out... I wish BMW/Allstate had done so. OBTW my son is an App developer and author... he can do it.

And... while on the subject, what is the nature of the deal between Allstate and BMW?

Perhaps Motorrad would care to comment.

I think they figure you'd call Roadside assistance using the app.

I also wondered about the Allstate connection. I fired them as my insurance company when they quit insuring motorcycles in California around 2005. But apparently, they're doing it again. Probably some fight with the state insurance commissioner.

Anyways, just with a little detective work, it appears that "roadsidemobile.com" is owned by Allstate and develops all kinds of Roadside Assistance apps for BMW, including cars and the Mini. I don't see any Allstate advertising on the app (yet, though when iAd comes out, it might). In the "About" section, only has Allstate as the owner of the technology. Curious.

What does the roadside assistance cost, and what does it give me that I don't get with my Automobile Club Motorcycvle/RV coverage?

Archived