IGNORED

Motorola Droid X and Autocom

Nevets

I have a new Motorola Droid X and would like to use it with my Autocom Active Plus. Anybody done it, and or know what cable to use?

thanks for any info...

Do you have anything else in your system, like a Zumo? If you do, pairing the phone with the Zumo via bluethooth, and wiring the Zumo to the autocom might be the easiest approach.

Sorry, I forgot to indicate I was looking into a wired solution. I do not have a Bluetooth interface for my Autocom.

I believe it may be a 4-conductor 3.5mm plug on one end of the cable (that's what the earphone/mic had that came with the Droid X).

malcolmblalock

I'm using a Motorola Droid with my Autocom, and it works great. However, I use a Bluetooth Dongle for my connection. With the Droid using a micro USB connection on the phone (not the mini USB like other phones), I doubt that you'll be able to cable it.

Bluetooth dongle costs a lot more than a wired solution, but the connection is usually rock-solid, and the quality of conversation is great.

On the other hand, if you can find the cable, go for it! If your Droid X has a mini usb connection, you can probably find a cable that works.

Archived