IGNORED

Z6 vs Interact Z6

woodscrew

I'm ready to replace the Metzeler Z6's on my '99RT. I love these tires. I've got over 7k on them, (mixed riding, not too much slab)and they're still not totally smoked yet. Previous set was Michelin pilot roads (the original version) which I hated from the minute I put them on. Made my bike fall into turns, esp at slow speeds. Confidence sapping all the time. Switched to Z6's and instantly felt like I got my bike back. But, I digress. The question is , do the new Z6 Interacts handle like the original Z6's only better? The higher price is not much of a consideration.I just don't want to get an unpleasant surprise if the Interacts are way different in a bad way. Thanks, Woodscrew

Hi Woodscrew

My brother who has a 1200RT just loves the older Z-6. He tried the new interact but was disappointed in the step wear and outer edge cupping. But this could just be him. I am a fast and aggressive rider but my brother up in Michigan puts me to shame as he really hammers it into and out of curves at speeds you would never think an RT could do with lean angles like a GP bike. According to him the softer outer bands on the interact wore faster than the firmer center leaving a square edged step . I really can’t say for sure but his rear interact tire sure looked strange at about 4k.

Maybe on a more sedate rider that rides on the center band more then the outer band the interact would be a better tire than the older Z-6.

Dirtrider,

Thanks for the reply. That's the kind of thing I'm afraid of. I think I'll stick with the old Z6's I know and love.

Woodscrew

Archived