IGNORED

MedJetAssist: annual comment for geezers

markgoodrich

markgoodrich

I renew MedJet annually through AARP. If you're old enough to be a member, the AARP discount is more than the AARP dues by quite a bit. This year I added the $25 "get the bike home" coverage.

Family is $385 through Medjet, $315 through AARP membership...go through the AARP website.

If you're not familiar with Medjet, Googie is your friend.

OK I Googled them. They really need someone to polish up the opening line of their web page, "Unlike other evacuation services, MedjetAssist lets you decide which hospital will be your final destination."

If I'm considering any hospital is my "final destination", I'm not in any hurry to get there. :dopeslap:

Medjet through the MOA is $195 for an Individul and $295 for a Family

Good catch! Hold the phone, just opened my MOA pkg and it says $205/$325.

It's a good service - we were riding in SE Asia and they flew my buddy back after he had an accident and was well enough to travel. I've carried the coverage for some years and marveled at it's simplicity. But when you turn 75 everything changes. Instead of a motorcycle rider who wants EVACUATION coverage, they treat you like a cruise ship elder on his last voyage. The rates go up, the paper work is an insult with every caveat to avoid benefits that a sleezy lawyer could come up with. Lloyds of London has been contracted to carry the over 75'ers so that might explain things. It becomes "travel insurance" not motorcycle specific insurance. In short, the best coverage for a biker under 75.

Archived