IGNORED

1100RT Camping Luggage

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Mods, this may belong in Bike Related. Feel free to move.

Here's the problem. Wife and I want to go camping but the side cases and top box don't have sufficient room. Who's done the wrap around bag solution or another method for carrying stuff on the top rack (tent, pads, etc)?

GS mirrors still the way to go if one fills the nice viewing holes above the side cases?

I have camped, but w/o the top case. One person.

Two man tent on top of the right saddle bag. Thermarest on the left one. Folding chair across the back. Clothing inside the cases. For longer trips, pack extra clothes into cheap duffle bag, and attach across the back seat. (clothing inside sealed plastic bags of course.

I remove the topbox and replace it with an ex-German naval kit-bag. Made of heavy-duty cordura, it will take the all of the camping gear - tent, sleeping bags, cookwear, food etc. I strp this to the rack using ratchet tie-downs, then bungee camp-stools to thte top.

That leaves the LH pannier for Sheila, the RH pannier for me and the tankbag for the camera etc.

Andy

Have camped with Jo's Upac on an RT and it adds a tremendous amount of room. Did a trip for 12 days while camping riding 2 up, and it worked great... a lot of weight... We removed the top case and placed the Upac on the back rack and on top of the bags. You do need the GS mirrors to see anything behind you.

http://magsbags.com/grandtouringbag.html

I have this and have used it routinely for 5-6 yrs.now.

I'm a solo rider but chronic overpacker.

Very well made and tough,easy on and off the bike.

Allows plenty of room for passenger.

I have the nylon version,but have another MagsBag in the Coverlight material,can easily recommend both.

They make an XL version of this bag too as you will see on the link above.

They are based here/made here in Central California.

On sale now too!

Jr356

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Thanks JR. Just remembered I had them in my favorites just in case. Mags had a big crash and then cancer last year. There was a benefit at the BMW rally in Mariposa or something like that.

I also found a pic of one online that accommodated the height difference between the rack and the top of the side case.

Danny caddyshack Noonan

Mags Bags has suspended operations until medical problems are better. Hope it turns out well.

Archived