IGNORED

K1200rs sport mirrors on 06 RT

Dundee387

Anyone put these on their bike? Do they interfere at all with the stock shield at full lock?

Things to consider, etc..

Thanks..

Hi Dundee

My brother has the KRS mirrors on his hexhead RT. They clear everything but he has a stock windshield.

I have ridden that bike and those mirrors work just great. They do vibrate and blur at some RPM ranges at upper hiway speeds like 80-90 mph but otherwise work and look great.

He had the GS mirrors on that bike from one of my old GS bikes and those didn’t vibrate as much at hiway speeds but they didn’t look nearly as good as the KRS mirrors.

I've got K1200RS mirrors on my '05 RT with bar-risers on, too. The mirrors are GREAT!!! Even with the 49 liter top case and a passenger, you can see what's behind you. Go for it! Rick

Put them on this Spring before my 11,800 mile Summer tour. Worked great and I use the stock mirrors set at an extreme angle for checking lane changes. Great combo and no interference with a stock windshield. But with my ZTechnik windshield that flares out on the sides more, I have to keep it always raised up an inch or so. Or the mirrors do hit the windshield at the full turn position. Minor issue offset by greater mirror coverage (and a better windshield).

Archived