IGNORED

GARMIN Tech Center...

KTsRidin

My Zumo550 stopped working with the XM antenna. I thought it was the antenna (tried it on several mounts and no joy) and so did a switch-out via mail. When I got the new antenna it still didn't receive XM so I called Garmin again. They gave me an RA# and free shipping to get the Zumo repaired, but I was headed to run the Iron Butt 5000 Rally and needed it for routing.

So, on my way across country to the rally, I stopped at Garmin in Olathe, KS. About three months ago they opened up a service center (and even have two parking spots just for that shop). They open 8am local time, so I was there first thing.

All I can say is WOW!!! In less then an hour they were loading a new Zumo550 with the new maps via my Garmin account (they had me sign-in right there) and had downloaded all my favorites to be able to load those too. I went off you breakfast and in a lot less time then it takes me to load the maps at home, my cell phone was buzzing with the tech telling me the new unit was ready to go.

So, in less then two hours I had a fully loaded, with my particular information, Zumo550 that was now tied to my account and working perfectly. I can't say enough about how easy it was and how nice the staff were. Total cost = $0.00!

Gotta love great service :clap:

Garmin's support folks have been great on all the different units I have used. I think they are one outfit a lot of other companies would do well to benchmark

Firefight911
Garmin's support folks have been great on all the different units I have used. I think they are one outfit a lot of other companies would do well to benchmark

I agree. They've always done right by me.

Urban Surfer

Outstandin customer service!

I sent mine in a short while ago, and a new one is in the mail for slightly more money than the new software.

Oh yeah and the Gps is 5 years old!

My old 2720 "Recalculating" lady stopped talking to me... So last week I called Garmin's 800 number and other than about 50 minutes wait with speaker phone on, got a very good response...Sent it in for an exchange ($90, no freight charge from Garmin) taken care of with dispatch by a helpful rep..Replacement should be here next week.....Want a new Zumo but......... :cry:

Phil - I wouldn't trade my 2610 for anything. Can't get map upgrades anymore, but the interface and expanded capabilities means I run with it and a Zumo 550 for the newer maps and XM radio.

When you get that reconditioned 2720 and move to another model, let me know. I wouldn't mind buying it off of you :)

Phil - I wouldn't trade my 2610 for anything. Can't get map upgrades anymore, but the interface and expanded capabilities means I run with it and a Zumo 550 for the newer maps and XM radio.

When you get that reconditioned 2720 and move to another model, let me know. I wouldn't mind buying it off of you :)

I love my 2610 too but the maps are so out of date it will have to go soon. I have well over 300 important waypoints on this thing -- how can I save them and transfer them to a newer unit -- say a 660?

Archived