IGNORED

Dashboard Shelf for RT

BerndM

I've been trying unsuccessfully to find the maker of the shelf thingy that attaches above the dash on the 05 RT.

Anyone ??

Thanks

PLEASE DISREGARD THIS.....I JUST FOUND IT! (figures)

I can relate to you losing things & then finding them, but where do I find out about the shelf 'thingy' Bernard? Do you know if it would fit a 2002 RT?

Thank you.

Paul

Has anyone tried making their own shelf? I have long considered making a template from cardboard, then cutting/bending aluminum sheet stock, perhaps with the addition of some angle stock for rigidity, the entire thing finished with black crinkle paint. It seems like a doable project (but my life is filled with doable projects contemplated, but not consummated).

Has anyone tried making their own shelf? I have long considered making a template from cardboard, then cutting/bending aluminum sheet stock, perhaps with the addition of some angle stock for rigidity, the entire thing finished with black crinkle paint. It seems like a doable project (but my life is filled with doable projects contemplated, but not consummated).

No... but... I looked at it in spring when I had time on my hands and gave up because I only had corrugated cardboard to hand! You need thin card to get the angles right. 1mm Anodised alloy plate should be more than strong enough with the right folds. The design used by the official item is relatively easy to duplicate, but there are other possibilities...

Im also considering a GPS/ mobile phone (with GPS apps) mount to hang between the speedo and tacho on the 1150RT...

Its a nice litte project for autumn/winter- especially as it will prevent reflection of the dash lights on the inside of the screen- I find that really annoying at night!

OK, I built one, and have used it for about 25,000 km., and I'm very happy with it.

I took a bunch of pics, but I can't post'em here.

I'll PM 'em to Seldon, who's looking to make one himself.

I am a novice in using forums and would like to know what PM means Smokey. Is there any chance you could email the pics of your dash to me? If so it would be greatly appreciated as I have an R1150RT and am about to mount a GPS on a bracket of sorts that will be attached using the two screws at the top of the dash. Thanks.

PM means "Private Message" You can send a member a PM to communicate with them about issues and such .... kind of like internal e-mail. You do it by clicking on the user name which will provide a drop down menu with options ...one of which is send PM. When someone send you one you will see a little blinking icon in the user panel at the top of the screen next to MY STUFF. I just sent you one as a test.

Hope this helps!

Sure-

Here ya go:

http://knol.google.com/k/steve-methia/homemade-zumo-mount-for-bmw-rt/2rk7csiieinrp/4

Archived